NFR pick 2009

M

marcopolo

Well it finally starts tonight, and I'll be there for rounds 8,9,& 10. This is who I think will be holding gold buckle's when it's all over in Vegas.

All-Around
Trevor Brazile

Bareback
Bobby Mote

Steer Wrestling
Curtis Cassidy

Team Roping (header)
Chad Masters

Team Roping (heeler)
Jade Corkill

Saddle Bronc
Heith DeMoss

Calf-Roping
Hunter Herrin

Bull Riding
J.W. Harris

Barrel Recing
Lindsay Sears

All Around - Trevor

Bareback- Bobby Mote

Steer wrestling - Trevor Knowles ( oregon boys )

Team Roping - Jojo Lemond / Randon Adams or Trevor and Patrick

Saddle bronc- Billy Etbauer

Calf Roping- Tuf Cooper

Bull Riding- Don't care

Barrel racing- Lindsay Sears or Brittany Pozzi

If brittany runs either of herr yellow horses or stitch you will walk away with it, she has the big yellow gelding duke and then a mare that can flat out fly. The new rule this year at the finals is 2 loops in the team roping it is going to change how those guys rope. Got word the calves are smaller this year so the guys who are smaller will have some advantage.

Pretty neat to see my cousin, Russell Cardoza "Heeler", on TV and doing good in the Team Roping . They went into the forth round in second place for the average. His dad and i were raised together and only 3 years apart. We were hard n fast partners back in the day. Russell is just a young buck but like the commentator said tonight after another nice catch, "That Russell Cardoza is impressive!"

I guess i'll pull for Charly Crawford and Cardoza to win the average.

Joey

Saddle Bronc: Cody Wright will repeat!!!

Bareback: Bobby Mote...Kaycee Feild win the Finals...

Bull Riding: Bobby Welsh looks good to win the Finals 4 for 4

Tie Down Roping: Watch out for Clint Robinson, he is roping good!!!

Team Roping: It could be Anybody 2 loops will make interesting...

Steer Wrestling: I'm betting on a Canadian...

>Pretty neat to see my cousin,
>Russell Cardoza "Heeler", on TV
>and doing good in the
>Team Roping . They went
>into the forth round in
>second place for the average.
>His dad and i were
>raised together and only 3
>years apart. We were hard
>n fast partners back in
>the day. Russell is just
>a young buck but like
>the commentator said tonight after
>another nice catch, "That Russell
>Cardoza is impressive!"
>
>I guess i'll pull for Charly
>Crawford and Cardoza to win
>the average.
>
>Joey

Chuck heads pretty good and is smart, and Russel can flat rope. Jake stanley used to rope with him, what 2 years ago pretty handy with a rope. I bet they stay good in the average. When they would practice up here in the Nw where Jake is from it was pretty impressive watching him rope.

elkslam, Thanks, His dad Russ, my Uncle and Dad's way younger brother, was always roping and joined PRCA while we were still in high school. We had up to 800 calves to brand every year and we, the whole family, lots of neighbors and friends, chipped in and did it the old way with 2 teams always in the coral. Little Russel's Mom was probably as good a roper as Russ was if not better. She won several Livermore Rodeo local Team roping buckles with her dad as her partner before her and Russ married.

About the time Russell was born, they built their own arena and stocked in roping calves. Russell started roping about the time he could walk and was winning go rounds in various ropings against the grownups by the time he was 10yrs old. I haven't seen the boy for 4-5 yrs but good on him. I don't believe a kid was ever more brought up to throw a good loop.

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom