NFL fined Brooks for hit on Brees??

sageadvice

Long Time Member
All this watering down of Defensive intensity has me wondering what game they are playing? Brooks, IMO, put a legal hit on Brees that caused a fumble that the 49ers recovered. The ruling was that it was a shot to the head or neck, which it wasn't, and the 9ers didn't get the ball and on the path to a sure win.

Now, on top of the penalty, loss of ball, and probable loss of game, the NFL fines Brooks! I get it that they are trying to make the game safer. Why don't they tie flags on their waists and play flag football because this watered down version is sure not the game i and a lot of you others played.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

The NFL paid out a class action settlement of almost 1 billion dollars for CTE I think that might have a little to do with contact rules on quarterbacks .

OK, make the rules, then enforce those rules. Brooks had the guy around his upper chest not his neck or his head. But then to fine the guy on top of it all...

I admit, it was a violent game we played but it was Football. Now i see game determined by now how hard you hit them but by how hard you don't hit them...

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

They had to fine him. They couldn't not back up their refs giving that game to the Saints. It was a vicious legal hit. They should implement challenges to those close calls. The ref who threw the flag was behind Brees and could not possibly see where that arm impacted him. He simply saw his head snap back and assumed that contact had been made to the head. IF the NFL is going to fine these type of hits they may as well hand out flags.
Rich

Spotn, Thanks for your comments!

When you pull for a team, every call against them seems wrong. Yes, i pull for the 9'ers but seem to be getting farther and farther away as a fan of football in general.

As a former player and inside linebacker, i like smash your mouth, knock them off their feet and outa the game Football. The game is getting farther and farther away from what it once was.

Is this good or bad?

BTW, i got some of my brains scrambled a time or two, how do i get my hands on some of that there class action money? :)

Joey

Game they are playing in s how to keep the assets of the NFL out of the hands of trial lawyers. This new sue for concussion thing is in its infancy.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I actually thought Brees sort of ducked down at the last second which made it look worse. They should fine him for ducking then.

Now I hear they are even talking about the noise level at football games. There is some concern over the fans losing their hearing.

It's getting weird.

Eel

I was screaming at the TV when the ref threw the flag on that play. They need to keep the game safe but this is turning into powder puff football.

Seems like almost every game has questionable flags thrown now.

Definitely favors the offense nowdays.

Hopefully these defensive players get it soon. They just can't make the hits they used to. It sucks, but that's the reality of it. I would still make the hit and hope for no flag!!

Don't know whether or not the 9ers would have won the game(it was tied at the time Brooks made that hit), but Brooks definitely shouldn't have been fined. That's just wrong.

>Spotn, Thanks for your comments!
>
>When you pull for a team,
>every call against them seems
>wrong. Yes, i pull for
>the 9'ers but seem to
>be getting farther and farther
>away as a fan of
>football in general.
>
>As a former player and inside
>linebacker, i like smash your
>mouth, knock them off their
>feet and outa the game
>Football. The game is getting
>farther and farther away from
>what it once was.
>
>Is this good or bad?
>
>BTW, i got some of my
>brains scrambled a time or
>two, how do i get
>my hands on some of
>that there class action money?
>:)
>
>Joey
>
>
>"It's all about knowing what your
>firearms practical limitations are and
>combining that with your own
>personal limitations!"

I agree, I'm a Niner fan myself and I knew as soon as that happened it was about to get stupid. I love the big hits as long as they are within the rules. Problem is no one knows what the rules truly are since there is so much gray area and are interpreted differently based on who is involved in the play. Watch a game with a lesser QB and that hit isn't a penalty much less a fine. College football has a flawed system already in place for those plays to review and decide whether or not to eject the player. Problem is if the player is deemed to not have to be ejected why is the flag not then picked up? NFL needs replay on these hits. You can't let a refs interpretation have that much effect on the outcome of a game.

"I would still make the hit and hope for no flag!!"

LMAO!! Me too!! :)

Joey

It won't belong before offensive players sue for blown knees. There will soon come a time when defensive players have no choice but to go for the legs. Joey I like the old school game, and still enjoy the big hit's that's the game I like.

All they have to do is get rid of all these pads and fancy helmets. The injury list would shrink so fast it would make the world stop turning...

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

BASEBALL IS GOING DOWN THE SAME PATH ON HOME PLATE COLLISIONS. A SMART CATCHER WILL NOW BE CAREFUL ABOUT BLOCKING THE DISH. WE WILL SEE A NEW RULING SOON ........AT LEAST BUSTER POSEY HOPES IT COMES SOON !!!! LIKE FOOTBALL THE GAME WILL SEEM A BIT DIFFERENT..............YD.

I'd rather see a watered down NFL with the refs erring on the side of caution than watching every week with the star players on the sidelines. No one wants to watch the 2nd and 3rd stringers. The NFL is protecting what makes them money. Can you blame them?
You CANT replay hits....The game would slow down way too much. I enjoy having human refs that make split second call. For the most part they are usually right.

Traditional >>>------->

Horse would be absolutely correct on this one. They are protecting their product that is worth billions. It does however suck that the officiating affects the outcomes of the games. Go Hawks!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom