Next Two Weeks...

ElmerFudd

Very Active Member
Are the most stressful...CO should post sheep and goat late this week (sheep posted the 22nd last year), and WY next week or the week after. They were extra early on elk this year. My two best chances for a sheep tag.

Max points in CO, but my best shot is at area 5 in WY in the max-1 pool...

Good luck to you all. They shut down the WY modification period Friday, what did you do in WY with how many points?

Best of luck, EF! Hope you draw in Wyo.

In CO, I applied for area 3 (max weighted pts).

Next year I can start applying again in Wyo..

My wife should draw her moose tag this year (been saying that for the past 3 yrs).

Applied my wife in kids for area 5 sheep (random draw, resident).

Good luck to all in the draws!

Good luck Elmer. I am also in the max-1 pool and after the odds got worse last year for 5 I decided to put in for area 3.I know I will have to hire a guide but I should be sheep hunting this year!

MC2....unless you are really unlucky or a lot of those sitting on max points put in for 3 you should draw. Several real good guides available and they have taken some real good old rams the last several years.

Just a word of caution for those sitting on points, since wolves have less elk to eat they are putting more pressure on sheep, especially in 2&3.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

EF,
This is the year for you. I can feel it!
You have certainly put in your wait time.
Good Luck and for sure keep us posted.

I am on my 2nd go round in Colo on Rams so I am way down the pole---with 3 & 3 I believe it is....

I could handle an S-44 bow Ram tag though!

I had S-32 bow Ram the first go round..

I can see you in Wyo-5 EF.....

'Back door' method 'aint' working so far in Colo.....or does it just work on -line appl's? not paper appls?

Robb

I just checked the draw odds and I have a 4.2% chance to draw S54 archery only tag here in CO. I drew a goat tag a couple years ago with a 3% chance to draw so you never know. Lightning could strike twice :)

Good luck Mr Fudd.

I know you're close (and ready) since we've posted on some of the same threads about sheep points.

It is an exciting time of year. I hope you do well AND let us know so we can all be happy with you!

Zeke

EF - Good luck. I am assisting my son with a Yukon Dall sheep hunt this year, and so am going "points only" in Wyoming. I hope that a bunch of you max-1 guys pull tags this year and clear out of the draw!

Thanks to all & good luck back at you.

I think the draw odds dropping in 5 last year from previous was an anomoly, more points only ones jumped in... Was thinking of other options, but I just kind of have a feeling that odds will be better this year. It is obvious now that applicants at my level can have a tag in most any other unit, and they are thinking of changing tag allocations. Guess we will know soon....

HT,
I am excited for you to hunt white sheep with your son. Nothing is better than chasing sheep with your kid! I got to hunt Dalls with my son last August in the NWT, and we had the time of our lives! We killed our rams only 5-6 miles from the Yukon border so we were in similar country that you will be in. Absolutely an amazing place.
Good luck to you and your son and good luck to all on the draws!

I think you are right about the odds EF. I'm one who jumped out of the 5 lottery. Let's hope that all those guys sitting out with max points stayed on the sidelines again this year! I'm excited as hell and the hunt is over 4 months away!

And Idaho has been pretty consistent with getting the Sheep, Goat and Moose odds out by the 15-20th of May. I am in the Yukon in August so a Goat hunt close to home in Idaho would be great but I will not be sad if I draw a sheep or goat in any of the other states. Good luck to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom