New Topo Site

AspenAdventures

Very Active Member
I need a new topo site...

I used to go to topozone.com but then they got bought out and now the new guys have started charging for access to the Forest Service maps.

I like google maps but they dont show water.

Where can I find the 7 minute maps we all love....online

"One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Download USAPhotomaps from JDMCox.com, it saves the topos on your computer and also will do aerial photos (although these may not be the latest). It is all free and works very well. Just read the directions, which are fairly simple.

>Download USAPhotomaps from JDMCox.com,

Very cool. I now have a new program to play with!
(But not at work of course ;-))

----------------
Damn you Scott!
----------------

I downloaded the app for Google Earth and it is AAAAAMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZIIIIINNNNNNG!!!

Thanks a TON! This is better than my old site by far.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-29-10 AT 06:00PM (MST)[p]I sort of hate USAphotomaps. Now when I hear of a place to possibly hunt or whatever, I figure what the hell, might as well have maps for that. I have a very big map directory!

ACME Mapper is nice, very nice, but with USAphotomaps, the maps are put on your computer. I put these on my laptop and carry it in the vehicle or camper while hunting. If I decide to change areas, I can quickly look over the topo/aerials. I'll be using both in the future.

I have been playing with the JDMCox and Acme Mapper and the Google earth apps.

I didn't much done today except dream about the high country and play with these apps.

Thanks for all the help....you guys are awesome!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom