New to Western Hunting-Seeking advice

CountryRoadsElk

My family and I have picked up tags for Colorado GMU 34 in 3rd season. We are unable to take from work for early scouting, but would be very appreciative of any advice or help. No one in the party has ever hunted mule deer before, One of our hunters is 75 years old with somewhat limited mobility. Does anyone have any advice on where to start or general tips?

I'm a non-resident and no nothing about GMU34. However, I often hunt western states totally blind as you are about to do. There is a ton of information on the web if you look for it.
1. E scout - either onX or Go Hunt.
2. Watch the Colorado DOW videos on youtube about GMU34 - then email the warden that made the video and ask your questions - I have found most DOW wardens in CO will provide you with great insight for the areas that they patrol.
3. Get good glass & tripod - let the glass do the walking for the older hunter with limited mobility.
4. When you arrive visit national forest office, BLM office, DOW office closest to GMU 74 - ask questions and get maps - they are more than willing to point you in the right direction. Looks like there is an office in Glenwood Springs.
5. Bring tire chains

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom