New to the forum

courtstamper

I wanted to introduce myself as I am new to the forum. I have grown up hunting in Texas and haven't done any big game outside of white-tailed deer. I rifle and bow hunt but have been especially enjoying bow hunting since I took it up two years ago.

For the longest, I have wanted to take my pursuits to the back country, and outside of Texas. I'm claiming 2019 to get real serious about it.

A friend of mine recommended the site. I hope to learn from you all, and be inspired by all of your information and reports.

Courtney S.

There are some decent and knowledgeable folks here.

Where are you gonna hunt?

Oh, and Utard is a term of endearment, if Bessie invites you to clubhouse, quickly decline, ask lil' red to make a sammich for you and Eelgrass is the youngest guy here.

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

LAST EDITED ON Jan-02-19 AT 12:01PM (MST)[p]Feddoc - thanks for the heads up!

At this point, I am thinking CO and/or NM. In truth, I'll go wherever I can get an opportunity.

I'm reading Mike Eastman's book, Elk Hunting the West, the Eastman Way right now and though it's dated, he's got this four year plan that optimizes your chances of getting drawn.

In short, I don't know yet.

Got any advice?

Courtney S.

CO has OTC elk tags for many units, all deer is by draw. Dunno about NM.

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

82327screenshot20190102113028samsunginternet.jpg

WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!

>
82327screenshot20190102113028samsunginternet.jpg

>
>WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!

That's good advice and if you don't take it, here's two more things to remember:

Have thick skin.

Ignore anything Tristate says.

Only believe about 10% of what guys tell you on this site. There's a 50% chance that the 10% of guys with info are actually telling you their true feelings about the unit. Get used to hearing, "there's no deer in that unit" and "it's not what it used to be".
My advice is call a biologist in the area you want to hunt. The only way you will truly learn an area is to draw the tag and hunt it a lot. This is a good group for the most part but some of them are full of sh!t. The sad thing is that those that are full of sh!t don't necessarily try to hide it. LOL
Welcome aboard...
Not all from Utah are Utards...I know of two or three here in particular that I can speak very highly of.

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Welcome. Several of us here on MM are from Texas. Our neighbor next door, NM has a totally random draw, which is great but offers non-residents no cow elk tags and only 6% of available tags if you are a DIY type. Colorado has lots opportunity! Good luck and you can find lots of good info on here if you sort through our BS!

I was going to say that was pretty sexist, Red. Courtney is a guys and a girls name. I'm offended. I need a therapy dog....NOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Not hard to offend these days:) my apologies mister.....was this to many words, does that offend anyone !!!!:)

He Might be a She!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom