New to Idaho

M

MarshallBill5

Hello everyone. I just moved to the Boise area and was looking for information on archery shops in the area. I am in the market for a new bow. I am also looking for a kid friendly fishing spot. I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old that I would like to take fishing. Thanks in advance for any info.

Marshall

Fishing is at your disposal in the Boise area. For the kids ArrowRock resevoir is a good place now that is lower. Bank fishing with worm, marshmellow and rainbow powerbait works the best for me. As for archery shops. Meridian has one Dead On Archery 208-922-9744, I dont remember the name of the one in Caldwell but he used to work out of the Marine sales shop. Good luck and welcome to Boise.

dead on archery in meridian (franklin and loucust grove) sells alpine, diamond, bear, and martin. Idaho Archery Outfitters in boise (off Glenwood across from the Fair grounds)sells hoyt bow tech and mathews. There is also Cabelas and sportsmans warehouse. both in Boise. they have a selection of bows as well. If i were you i wouldnt have cabelas set your bow up. The people in the archery department are not the best.

what are you looking for?

first off, welcome to idaho.

i don't fish much, but as far as archery shops, my father is a dealer for obsidian archery products. he's typically about 10% cheaper than cabela's or sportsman's warehouse. he only sells martin bows, but has quite a selection as far as your other supplies go. he can also help set up your bow and get it ready for the season.

Welcome to you and your boys.

There is a lot to offer in this area. There are local ponds around that can offer some bluegill and bass, which I find is best for little ones as the action is quick. We have some in my neighborhood in Star if you don't find any closer to you. There are ponds across town that regularly stock nice trout and would work well too, but not sure if they only do those earlier in the season, but you can find info on fish and game website.

A bluegill and bass pond would be great. I lived in Bismarck for a year and there was a little pond that was full of bluegill and bass. My boys loved it and it was easy for me. Drop a small hook in with a tiny piece of worm and the bluegill went nuts. Every once in a while you could hook a little large mouth. Fun for everyone.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom