New to Idaho Archery Units

Hunt4more

Very Active Member
Looking at Idaho from an archery guy that has never hunted the state before but thinking this year may be the one, there seems to be some good early and late options for the stick and the string. Trying to sort the good from the great, my inital research shows unit 40 early being a top draw unit, then 41 and 42 (early and late?), followed by 39 late? The odds of unit 40 seem to be the biggest deterrent for most looking to hunt each year with 10% draw odds for the archery.

Unit 55 late seems to be an average migration hunt (from what I have gathered) with potential for lots of snow (gotta make it really tough to stalk a big mule buck in the snow) and unit 54 also late may produce some big bucks with weather (again if you can sneak them).

Any other limited draw units for archery early or late rut hunt with good public access and quality bucks for someone willing to backpack or hunt the bitter cold? General units? Ideally, a limited draw unit that you could draw by odds, every other year or every 3 years, that way a non-resident can get out there enough to put the boots to the ground and learn it!

I would put in for the 39-2 hunt for archery, real fun hunt and you see tons of deer as its in their wintering range. Lots of work to get close to the deer though

>I would put in for the
>39-2 hunt for archery, real
>fun hunt and you see
>tons of deer as its
>in their wintering range. Lots
>of work to get close
>to the deer though

+1 on 39-2. Good odds and good success rates. If you don't draw, learn unit 39 and do the general late archery. I don't think you would be disappointed.

Yes, this is a secret hunt that cannot be found online or in the regulations. Only the locals know about it and you should consider yourself lucky that we've shared this information with you.

Its the part of the 39 that is not included in the general hunt. It runs from Nov 16-Dec 16.

I am just going off of memory here, but I'm pretty sure thats it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom