New spotting scope

D

Droptine45

Was looking to buy my first spotting scope I was looking at the vortex viper HD would like to get the http://www.opticsplanet.net/vortex-viper-hd-20-60x80-spotting-scopes.html but its out of my budget :( The http://www.opticsplanet.net/vortex-viper-hd-15-45x65-spotting-scopes.html is in budget:) What do you all think sacrifice power for a HD glass or drop down in glass quality for a higher magnification and larger objective in a lower spotter like a Nomad ???????? Pros and cons of your spotter.....
Lets see some pics you have taken with your spotter

RE: New spotting scope viewing distance

What would be the maximum viewing distance you would be able to glass with a 45x vr 60x magnification??

I'm not really knowledgeable about optics, but the quality of the image will degrade with magnification. The higher quality the optics, the better the image at higher magnifications. Light gathering power in the size of the objective will make a difference. You can see as far as the can with 45x or 60x. The question is whether you will be able to make anything of the image you see. Lower magnification with high end optics will help you see far more than higher magnification with lesser quality glass.

Or should I look a some other scopes in that price range??
I'm so tempted to buy the 15x45 HD but I don't want buyers remorse
Especially since there's not any in New Mexico to look through..
Such a hard decision, not to mention angled or straight.....

Droptine, I am in your exact same boat. I too live in NM and have nowhere to go take a look at one. Its tough to get your hands on new toys here unless you live near Albuquerque.

I am looking at a couple of different scopes and the Viper is definetly at the top of my list. I am also looking at the Zen Ray ridgefield. Looks like a quality scope for 200$ less.
I have also looked at the Nikon Prostaff Scope.

I have Decided on angled....I think... Angled seems to have more flexibility??

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom