New Rims

T

TAGATTRACTER

Just picked up some new rims for the truck. Anyone know how much to torque the nuts ?

6770sand_dunes_new_years_2011.jpg

I have never put a torque wrench on a set of car/truck wheels...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

No problem TnA. I would also recommend retorquing them every day. I forgot to mention, run them all on finger tight evenly first. Then follow up with the impact wench, and then finish them off with the torque wench.

Only a real Prick would sport them rims..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Half ton trucks you usually torque the to 90-100 ftlbs.

Call a tire shop, they should be able to tell you off hand. If not don't go to that tire shop anymore.

Re torque them after 50 miles then check periodically.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Buncha Plicks!!!

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

That's a hard question to answer..... What kind of head do you have on those nuts? ...... I hate to stiff you with a wrong answer but unless you have the right tool you are shafted..... Terry

NV
Spit huh? Your own or ????

Sticker
Man I didn't think you'd have the balls to post that. You're nuts!

That's better guys. I knew I could count on you. They really match the Truck Nutz on the reciever.

Just make sure after you torque them, you drive the hell out of them. If those rims don't get used, they'll turn blue.

I want to know how you where able to get a picture of my rims ? When I ordered them from " Big Johnson rim job company " I was assured they would be attention getters . I can see now though that they need to be polished up a bit .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom