new rifle scope

E

Elkcrzy1

So my new Remington Sendero 7 mag is on its way, Happy Fathers Day to me. I want to put a 4-14 scope on it, whats your thoughts guys ? I have a Burris on another rifle I really like it. Only other scope Ive owned was a Leupold which was ok.

Gary,

I have no experience with Burris, but I have never heard anything bad about their top lines. I have used Leupold extensively over the years, but have switched to Kahles and Swarovski glass over the last few years and have been very impressed!

Depending on how much you want to spend and the particular reticle or turret system you like, in the 4-14x range I would look at the Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44 or the Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44.

The Swarovski has a great magnification range and if you like turret systems, you can get the BT, and then add a custom Outdoorsmans Ballistic Turret. They also have the BRX reticle if you prefer a ballistic reticle, or standard reticles. (I have the 3.5-18x44 with BRX on my .300 WIN and really like it.)

The Zeiss is a little heavier and has a ton of different reticle and turret options. It is also a little less expensive.

Call the guys at the Outdoorsmans (800-291-8065) because they may have a couple other options.

Another note: my brother needed a new scope and due to finances, he decided to borrow a Leupold VX-III 4.5-14x44 that I was not using. I believe he decided to add the CDS turret. Give him a call... I'm sure you have his number!

Good Luck and Happy Father's Day!

-----
Trent Swanson
Western Hunter Magazine
www.westernhuntermagazine.net
Outdoorsmans
www.outdoorsmans.com
Wilderness Athlete
www.wildernessathlete.com

Thanks Trent !! Long time no see ! I talked to your brother about a week ago and hes coming to Colorado and getting together for dinner one night so I'll ask him about it then. Thanks again, Gary

Just looked up Kahles scopes,,,,,Dang !! Did you forget Im a poor mechanic ? LOL

You got that new fancy long-shootin' rifle, you need a new fancy long-shootin' scope!

The Zeiss runs $800-950 depending on reticles and turrets.
The Swarovski 1" scopes run closer to $1500, the 30mm $2k+.

If you could find one of the older 1" Kahles riflescopes, they were reasonably priced, but the current 30mm versions are every bit as expensive as the Swarovski 30mm, and probably a little more.

After you talk to Erik, let me know if you have any questions. I will help anyway that I can, and put you in touch with the guys at the Outdoorsmans if you so choose!

-----
Trent Swanson
Western Hunter Magazine
www.westernhuntermagazine.net
Outdoorsmans
www.outdoorsmans.com
Wilderness Athlete
www.wildernessathlete.com

Have you considered Huskama?

I've heard good things about them but never laid my hands on one. Has anybody else?

GrizlyHunter

You might check out the new Leica riflescopes... they are getting great reviews by those who have used them. (John Barsness on Opticstalk.com) I'm wanting the 3.5-14x42 with Ballistic Plex reticle for my 300 RUM. Leica always puts out good glass. NJS

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom