New Rifle/Caliber question

BeanMan

Long Time Member
I need some help. I want to get a new rifle, mainly for Sasquatch hunting. When I get that once in a lifetime chance I don't want to blow it because my rifle isn't good enough. I have a 30-06 now but I don't think it has enough down range energy. I've also been using 180 grain Nosler Partitions for elk but would appreciate your views on bullet selection. I'm just worried that the Nosler will come apart when it hits a bigfoot.
when that magical moment happens I want to be ready.

Thanks in advance

A True Believer

Interesting question. You may also want to consider a combination caliber/round so you also have the versatility for the Abominible Snowman, the old Goat Sucker, and an occassional Werewolf. Depending upon where you live, the werewolves may be too large for your '06 to handle. Somewhere along the lines of a .375 should work for the typical monster under the bed, but if you ever wish to trophy hunt for the King Kong, Godzilla, and Rodan type game, an absolute minimum would be the 50 BMG, with my preference being any of the newer fighter jets and missles. If you want a head mount, aim low with the missle.

No, a neck shot is the way to go. Wait a minute, do they have a neck??

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom