New record...pretty cool

BuckSnort

Long Time Member
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/sniper_kills_qaeda_from_mi_away_sTm0xFUmJNal3HgWlmEgRL

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

On a web site called" LIVE LEAK REDEFINING THE MEDIA" and enter long range sniper kills in the search engine you can see some of the amazing long range shots our troops are making .

There's also a couple sniper shows coming up in a couple days on the history channel. I don't know if they are reruns or not but even if they are they are definitely worth watching again. Over 1200 yd shot with a 308, mile and a half with a 50 cal. Some other really good shooting too!

You find out who your friends are when you see who shows up to help pack your bull out!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

>That's cool, but I bet Stinky
>could top it.
>
>Eel
>
>Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8

How many shots are you giving him? lol

I applaud the shot and the shooter.

The most incredible thing I see here however, is the fact that the story was carried in a New York newspaper!

And no one on here is questioning whether it was an "ethical" shot.

There may be hope for us yet!

Great shots..It is actually causing a bit of controversy...because with the Lapua and scope combo he was shooting, there isnt enough come-ups for that range, he would have also been milled out..so it is said he was using a holdover (read into that some guys say "guessing")...but he did do it twice..It will be interesting to see a more technical write up.

Interesting. We're talking over 400 feet of drop at that range with the hottest, flattest flying 308 Lapua round available. There might be some skill there, but this guy is just flat out lucky (or lying?) to have hit two of these shots in a row.

So, just exactly what kind of scope allows you to crank up 2640 yards?

I tried the honest 1 mile shot on an old car out in the desert with my '06 and my 300 win mag. I actually can hit a 55 gal drum at 1000 with my 220 swift but another 500 yds and I ain't got a clue....

"So, just exactly what kind of scope allows you to crank up 2640 yards?"

And what kind of range finder TELLS you it's 2640 yards?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom