New Mexico Lope ?

N

nvlonghunter

Of the two muzzleloader antelope units 29 and 52 which of these two units will have a better opportunity at a 80" buck.One would be my first choice and the other my second.Non-guided

As a non-resident the draw odds for these two units in 2005 were about the same, does one have more private land the other.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Hunted Unit 52 two years ago; in our camp we killed 6 'lopes. Two were 80-82", two were 72-75", and other two were 68-70". Fun hunt, lots of people (about 175), but did see some absolute corker bucks which did not get killed. Had 3 16"'s run right across the front of the truck opening morning, and never saw them again. Spent lots of time away from what I would consider "typical" speedgoat territiory, and were successful. I will continue to put in for that one, as it really is a fun hunt. Worth my time to come down from Idaho, and the timing is right.

Thank you Blank. Sounds like a great hunt with some nice Antelope.I hope I draw.

Yeah I agree with BLANK , I remember your buck . I also shot one up on San Antonio , but have had success on both sides of the road . They allocated all 175 tags last year but heard they may hold back some this year , but will still be the hunt of choice . Unit 29 has some SMOKER bucks too , seems like its a bit better for bigger bucks , but every year they only allot a few tags , it says 50 in the proclamation but drew only twenty some tags last year , its pretty tough to draw too ....NMHUNTNUTT

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom