New Mexico Antelope Question

B

bighrnhntr

I drew an antelope tag in New Mexico for the eastern part of the state. I know that they are going to assign me a ranch, but when will I know?

Did anyone else get drawn for the eastern part of New Mexico?
Are there any good bucks there?

I have never hunted antelope up there. I spent some time up around Mora and passed through that part of the world on several occassions. I have seen some monster goats up there close to the road. Especially, up around the Wagon Mound area. saw some good goats up around Raton while mule deer hunting couple of years ago. I think they will assign you a ranch. scroll through the previous posts on another thread they were talking about this very same question. good luck!

I also drew the NE part of the state. The day after the results were posted I called the G&F office and asked. They told me that it would be a couple of weeks before they knew and that they would mail me the information. Tomorrow will be one week so hopefully we'll know by the end of next week?

When you find out what ranch & unit your hunt is in, shoot me a PM. I live in Portales and know many of the ranchers in this part of the world. Hopefully I can help you get some info so your not going in blind.

Yes, there are some real good bucks here. I have mounted one 85" & 87" gross buck. Both were from different areas of eastern NM.

Let me know,

Josh

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom