New Mexico antelope advise?

ClarkW

I am going to start applying for antelope in New Mexico and was hoping for some advise from everyone on a recommended unit. I've been through and seen a fair amount of countyr, but it always seems like the goats are on the private lands. I like the area near the AZ/NM border on the road to dattle, but I know most of that is private and I don't see a public hunt in the regs for it (I belive unit 11). Any advise on a decent unit with public land that I can attempt to take my first goat? I would probably look for a rifle hunt first, but also would consider archery. Thanks for any advise or input you can give. I hate asking these things because i usually find spots on my own, but I need some help on this one!

There is lots to learn about the NM antelope system. If you choose archery you have opened up your opportunity, you just have to find public land with legal access and there is lots. Look at the odds of draw for each weapon type. I'd be happy to help you with more info. Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected].

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom