New Kid Rock song

NVBighorn

Long Time Member
Have you heard it? "All Summer Long". What do you think? Don'treally care if you like Kid Rock or not. I don't care for him much but this song brings back some memories.

So.... who here did (or did not, poor bastages) have a summer of 1989? (or 1999, 1979, 1969, 1959, or for kilo, 1949) Whatever the year, did ya? Let's hear about it.

we trying different things,
and we were smoking funny things,
makin' love out by the lake
to our favorite song.

sippin' whiskey out the bottle,
not thinkin' about tomorrow,
singing Sweet Home Alabama
all summer long.

I THOUGHT ABOUT POSTING THIS A WEEK AGO!!!

I LIKE THE LITTLE BASTARD!!!

YOU SEEN THE VIDEO???

Beefy WAS JEALOUS OF HIM AT ONE TIME!!!

THE ONLY bobcat SINGING SWEET HOME ALTAMONT ALL SUMMER LONG!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Uhhh, Bcat, that's why I posted the link to the youtube of the video. :)

Holy crap, me and Bobcatbess agreeing on something. Amazing. Let's not make a habit of it.

So, Bess, let's her your summer of 19xx story.

I DON'T LISTEN TO MUCH ROCK BUT I LIKE THIS!!!

THEY PLAY IT ON THE COUNTRY STATIONS & CMT!!!

IT WAS SWEET HOME ALTAMONT 1979!!!

AND 1989!!!

AND 1999!!!

AND ALMOST 2009!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

"Almost 2009". Oh man that's so funny. I hear you on that one. Been there, done that! Have the tee shirt, hat, sunglasses, poster, bumper sticker, and all the other souvinirs.

Mine was more like 1979. Actually 1975,76,77. And she was all Kid Rock says she was.

I DON'T THINK I'VE LISTENED TO MANY OF HIS SONGS!!!

I LIKE THE SONGS HE SINGS WITH MY FRIEND BOCEPHUS!!!

AND I LIKE THIS ONE ALOT!!!

IT'LL TAKE ME 45 MINUTES TO DOWNLOAD IT WITH MY DIAL-UP BUT I'M WORKING ON IT RIGHT NOW!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

>I DON'T THINK I'VE LISTENED TO
>MANY OF HIS SONGS!!!
>
>I LIKE THE SONGS HE SINGS
>WITH MY FRIEND BOCEPHUS!!!
>
>AND I LIKE THIS ONE ALOT!!!
>
>
>IT'LL TAKE ME 45 MINUTES TO
>DOWNLOAD IT WITH MY DIAL-UP
>BUT I'M WORKING ON IT
>RIGHT NOW!!!
>
>
>
>
>
>THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY
>NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT
>A HELL OF A LOT
>LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS
>DESTINATION!!!
>
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

>
>
469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

>
>THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT
>OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS
>IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN
>BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING
>TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

NEVER SMOKED ANYTHING BUT SOME FISH!!!

THEY'RE A LITTLE HARD TO LIGHT!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

Fish leave a nasty taste in your mouth. Turkeys are even harder to get lit. :)

I was smoking funny things and I ain't afraid to admit it.

I love the song and i love the video!
Kinda makes me wanna be a brass pole when i grow up!!
Kid Rock songs always get ya in the partying moodfor sure!!

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

How bout Alan Jacksons (Good Times)That song should only be played on fridays.It sucks when you hear it anytime MON-THUR before 5 pm.

NVBIGHORN,

Actually it started in 1957 and ended in 1958, didn't smoke any of that wacky tobacco but the booze and girls was a different think. Oh the good old days of Rock & Roll and drinking and the other sin's too.
I was off to Vietnam during the Hippie and free love era.

I don't care too much for Kid Rock but that song and video I like and watch too. Bocephus I like although he doesn't perform much anymore, too bad.

Brian

1957 was a good year. That's what my parents always said anyway. :)

I never smoked a lot of weed. Well, who the hell am I kidding, yes I did, but I grew out of it a lot faster than my friends did. And the summer(s) I remember from the song had nothing to do with weed. It was all about the girls baby! And innocence and losing it. Yep, good times.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-08 AT 00:15AM (MST)[p]Really? Werewolves of London is one of the two best songs ever written. You paint with a broad brush my friend. :)

But, but, but... the question was... did YOU have a summer of 1989 like the one in the song? And if so, tell us about it. This is not MusicCritics.com. :) So far kilo is the only to answer the question. :)

Let's start over. Once more, slowly. Let's pretend we're sitting around the CAMPFIRE since this is the Campfire forum, telling lies about hunting and bragging about ourselves. Tell us about your summer of 19xx??? I bet TripleK could tell us a few.

Here's clip video about the making of the video. I like the So Hott Sisters.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-08 AT 03:45AM (MST)[p] i dont have a summer of anything but i do have a spring break of 2000 in a little place called lake havasu arizona...sure ya seen the video called girls gone wild...ha ha i almost traded my brand new car in for a boat didnt matter what year or how nice it was as long as i could get to rattlesnake canyon.....dunno how i would have got it there....we had 15 marines and 2 girls in a 7 man boat...we all almost died but it didnt matter i was in heaven....this was one of the highlights of my life but of the marines too...i will never forget all the fun...one day i will go back to havasu as an old man and have fun i hope lookin at all the bald men hiding in womens shirts and bikinis, and the beer and alcohol flows through my veins again...

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

"Really? Werewolves of London is one of the two best songs ever written. You paint with a broad brush my friend."

I was being just a little sarcastic. But I appreciate you speaking slower and "educating" me, thanks!

Summer of 82 was GREAT!!! Working at the local grocery store to earn money for my car stereo, gas, burgers, shakes, etc.... Smoked a little funny stuff and chased a LOT of girls!!! ;-)

The good old days for sure..... :)

S.

PS: Zigga, if you think Kid Rock lacks originality, then you don't know his music! Ever listen to Cocky???? Outstanding album and VERY original IMO!!!

O.K. I'll fess up.

I had a summer of '79. As far as admitting to "smokin' funny things" I plead the 5th. I didn't inhale - uh huh - that's my story.

I don't own any KR tunes, but I like this tune and the duet with Cheryl Crow. KR downright poached Skynrd's riffs on this one though. Now there was a band that brings back H.S. memories. Van Halen just came out with their second album as I recall.

To Bess, I always figured you never touched the stuff. There is a funny T-Shirt made here locally (I own one) that you may be interested in:

d_41.jpg

Ray Troll has the COOLEST Alaska themed T-Shirts and most folks will get a kick out of them: (I get no $$$ from this pitch either)

http://store.trollart.com/home.php?cat=23&sort=title&sort_direction=0&page=1

Yep, I had one of those summers.....I think. Don't remember much about it but I somehow came up with a free pair of orange coveralls.:D

I don't know how you can't like the song or the video. It'll get your toe tappin for sure!

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

I'm not a fan of Kid Rock, but I do like that song. That video brings back some great memories, back in the late 1970s. Wow, those were good times.

One thing that I'll never forget about Kid Rock was a line from a Time Magazine article about his song 'American Badass". I guess when the terrorists blew up the USS Cole in Yemen, once they got it under control and were loading the ship onto the Marlin for repairs, the crew was playing American Badass as loud as they could crank it over loudspeakers, probably to piss of those kooks who hate us so much. Right then, I decided that Kid Rock couldn't be that bad.

What makes you think I have stories like that? ;-) lol

Summer of 93' and then the summer of 94'. Each one different...but lots o' fun. I didn't smoke anything and there wasn't a lake, but I had a great time. Unfortunately I can't release any more of the details. lol

I was in college, what else is college for (OH! an education...yeah right...forgot about that... lol ;-)).

I love the song - don't really mind the Kid either. I'm kind of a young buck - mine was the summer of '99 - the year I graduated.

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

Now you're talking. So TripleK. I'm thinking there is way more to hear on the summer of 93 and 94. Save it for the book. :) My brother, who is an author/screen play writer among many other things, as he's telling a story about the family or the old days, always says "Well in the book, here's how it's going to happen" or "In the movie..."

I still like the song. And whoever it was that mentioned Kid Rock and Sheryl Crowe singing "Picture", good call. I could watch Sheryl in that video all day, every day. I would drink beer from her... ahem, well, anyway, I like that video. She is mesmerizing.

So my summer or summers were just so much like Kids song it's not funny. No it wasn't in Michigan but there was a lake. Her parents had a trailer on it all summer long (hey that should be a song), and there were boats, and funny things, and whiskey, campfires, my hair was long, she was 17 (or 15 or 16, yikes!) and there was those little bikinis and short cutoffs, and... Yep good times. And, no I will never forget it.

A good song becomes great when it mentions walleye fishing--not sure how much fishing would get done with a wanna-be stripper on the dock though!

I'm glad someone else caught the "Werewolves of London" thing too.

I look at the song as a tribute to Lynyrd Skynyrd, not poaching their song. I'm getting to be an old fart, but Kid Rock kicks @$$! Half the songs on my Ipod are Kid Rock, makes the time fly by while pounding the pavement getting my runs in.

87-89 Moving pipe for gas money chasin' girls at the lake, cruising main looking for fights, start all over the next day!! Great song to makes ya just zoom back in time. 5'6 brown hair blue eyes ran track....... She was fine....

Get your hunt on!!
tixs,lodging,for you
cruises,trips for her!
songdogtravel.com

Nope only have tard heritage, I am a spud!!
Get your hunt on!!
tixs,lodging,for you
cruises,trips for her!
songdogtravel.com

Its not stealing lyrics its "sampling" and there is "Werewolves of London" and "Sweet Home Alabama" mixed in. Many of his other songs "sample" well known tunes.

Moving pipe, baling hay, cruising, drinking, smoking....summer of 85, 86, 87, 88..........

I like the song.

I like the song. I believe everyone has had a summer catch. Break-out a stripper pole and a party will start no matter where your at.

Just heard the song on the radio on my way home from the gym tonight.
Blasted it!

Brought back memories of the two weeks with Chiara from Napoli from my chef school days.
48a10d780a5e50ea.jpg

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

I like the song and am a little partial to Kid Rock. I like some of his stuff...some I don't. Everybody's got memories like what he speaks of in the song. Everybody's done those things that they shouldn't have done whether it be smokin' da kind, drinkin', or chasin' the cat....we've all done it. Doesn't matter if it was '59 or '89. For me it was '89 (graduated high school) and it lasted several years. No direction, part time job that paid well, livin' at home. Those were the days but you gotto grow up, get married and have kids. How depressing!!!! HaHa. Those were good times....

Steve

Song sucks as does snot nose kid rock. The only thing it reminds me of is that I can turn the radio off............or change the freakin station......thank god for sat radio so i dont have to listen to the mainstream $hit they try to force feed you..........

Sorry guys, not a big fan of the song. Growing up in northern Michigan singing Sweet Home Alabama doesn't make much sense to me. But I'm not as old as you guys so maybe I just don't get it. :)

Hey look everyone. It's gemstatejake telling us how he feels about Kid Rock instead of answering the question.

Hey look everybody,

48a27d0a4dbcb466.jpg

Never thought about it that way, AZ! Good point. Did anyone ever put the song "Sweet Home Flint, Michigan"? That might have fit his new song a little bit better, eh?

Steve

I like the song. gemstate must be, well, he don't like girls I guess. Does resemble Werewolves of London. I crank it up. mtmuley

Her name was Vivian it was the summer of 1980 and it was lake Pleasant. Talk about one hot summer................

Sorry...... Couldn't resist....... Terry

I would have to say that there was a stretch of years that were pretty good. At least that is what I hear. I would have to say from the late 80's to the mid 90's were all right. My friends and I rented a RV and did Lake Havasu the year that MTV was there. In the spot next to us were the girls from what is now Christy's cabaret. I am not sure how they got on top of the RV but we really didn't care. We were more interested in what they were not wearing. Needless to say we didn't go far from the RV. Plus we had over 20 cases of beer and a few bottles. The next spring break was at Rocky Point and was just about as good. Luckily I met my wife and I grew up. But there are no regrets.

hey, I'm down with all the old school rock classics......Kid Rock should come up with some new riffs.....oh wait.....that would require talent......... BTW....I'd get all sentimental if I could remember any of the sluts names..........you old timers feel free though..............

Hey gem, have you listened to the album? Rock n Roll Jesus!!! Definitely some pretty decent riffs.... I agree that some of the stuff sounds a bit like Cocky, but you can't listen to the album (and notice the credits...) and insinuate that he doesn't have talent, can you???

S.

:)

I could......If I listened to the album.........which I wont.......He's pushing a single(usually regarded as the best or most playable) with music he did'nt write.... The song is a horrid butcher job of some classic stuff. Kid Rock is a hack........one man's opinion......if you like it thats fine......... I'd much rather hear the tunes he ripped off though.

pretty sure I'd remeber john or tyrone...........

I'll tell you what though....I'm digging patty......maybe you could loan me that one from you collection!

Fair enough gemstate.... ;-) I have listened to the entire CD however, and the butcher job is definitely NOT the best song IMO.

I do agree with you however that I would rather listen to the the two original songs!!

S.

:)

GSJ, nope. I practice monogamy with my dolls. Can't be too careful.

Since I admittedly have zero musical ability I make it a practice never to rip on other peoples attempts. And since I think Alabama is a lameass state, I've never been to London or seen a werewolf TODAY I can identify with the theme of this single by Kid Rock more so than the two original songs. Which is what the thread was about in the first place. Not a rip on Kid Rock but a "hey, does this song take you back to a really cool time growing up?". Now if you really would like to get into the other two songs... I mean really, Sweet Home Alabama? Or Werewolves of London? Try these lyrics. Classics man, classics. And deep, so deep. Wow man, chow mein.

I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand
Walking through the streets of Soho in the rain
He was looking for a place called Lee Ho Fook's
Going to get himself a big dish of beef chow mein
Werewolves of London

If you hear him howling around your kitchen door
Better not let him in
Little old lady got mutilated late last night
Werewolves of London again
Werewolves of London

He's the hairy-handed gent who ran amuck in Kent
Lately he's been overheard in Mayfair
Better stay away from him
He'll rip your lungs out, Jim
I'd like to meet his tailor
Werewolves of London

Well, I saw Lon Chaney walking with the Queen
Doing the
I saw Lon Chaney, Jr. walking with the Queen
Doing the
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's
His hair was perfect
Werewolves of London
Draw blood

Or these. I've never quite gotten the governor being true part. Which Governor? Wallace? Puleeeeze. And can a guy named gemstatejake really say he idnetifies with lyrics about Alabama? Don't get me wrong, I'm a Skynard fan too but...

Big wheels keep on turning
Carry me home to see my kin
Singing songs about the Southland
I miss Alabamy once again
And I think its a sin, yes

Well I heard mister Young sing about her
Well, I heard ole Neil put her down
Well, I hope Neil Young will remember
A Southern man don't need him around anyhow

Sweet home Alabama
Where the skies are so blue
Sweet Home Alabama
Lord, I'm coming home to you

In Birmingham they love the governor
Now we all did what we could do
Now Watergate does not bother me
Does your conscience bother you?
Tell the truth

Sweet home Alabama
Sweet Home Alabama
Here I come Alabama

Now Muscle Shoals has got the Swampers
And they've been known to pick a song or two
Lord they get me off so much
They pick me up when I'm feeling blue
Now how about you?

Sweet home Alabama
Sweet Home Alabama

Sweet home Alabama
Oh sweet home baby
And the governor's true
Sweet Home Alabama
Lordy
Yea, yea Montgomery's got the answer

Hey glad you finally see it my way! Kid Rock had people with zero musical ability or knowledge in mind when he wrote that so your his target audience! Hung SAPPY ass lyrics on music he had nothing to do with........he'll prolly win a grammy !LMAO!

Sweet home Alabama dealt with issues relavent to the time.....Worked in a response to Neil Young's "Southern Man" and "Alabama".....Wallace was basically.....a racist. NY's songs chastised southern people for what he percieved as their way of life and beliefs etc......Skynard responded with this tune..........the "Swampers" were the "Muscle Shoals Rhythem section". A group of musicians largly credited for the southern rock/blues playing/recording style......This stuff is common knowledge, I'm not a huge Skynard fan or anything......

BTW.....It's eight o' clock in Boise, Idaho....maybe i got a limo to catch......

I wonder if anything by Kid Rock will be remembered thirty plus years from now??????? LMAO!

enjoy your little tune............

GSJ,

Your humility never ceases to amaze me. Hope you caught that limo and I hope it was the right one. I was unaware we were in the presence of a true musical critic.

Good summary on the Skynard song. Common knowledge, ya know. ;-)
(What?!?!?!!? Wallace was a racist?? WTF)

So how about the werewolves lyrics? That chow mein line has me puzzled. Could you google up a good critique? :)

Silly me I thought this thread was not meant to be an editorial about Kid Rock but whether or not the song made MMers remember some special time. I guess I should have been more specific about that. Oh wait, I just reread the thread starter and it was pretty clear. Maybe you just didn't have any special times. Oh I forgot the sluts you mentioned. :) Wonder if they'll be remembered in thirty plus years????? 'Course they will, if they're all ya got.

LMAO Enjoy your little tude.

bighorn...I already told you what the song reminded me of....... I did'nt expect you'd get all pissed about it....Mostly i'm trying to be funny......I have no clue regarding Warren Zebon's werwolves....it's prolly got some meaning but I'm not sure what it is......It's a catchy tune....

Hey, you asked about Sweet home......I answered to the best of my ability.....

Songs that remind me of old times and love lost are originals by Boston, Journey and the like........"Stone in Love"..."More than a feeling" among others.......cheese ball $hit for sure but i'm a sucker for it and seems more legit than what Kid Rock is doing with that tune........

I'm guessing you did'nt catch the joke I was going for with the limo thing........has something to do with a spud like me tipping my hat to a band like Skynard...... I'm sure you've heard the tune "Whats your name"........

I wish you'd change your mind about patty..............shes hot...........

Oh, I'm not pissed. Nothing on here important enough to get pissed about.

I have lots of old songs that remind me of stuff and good times and bad. Some are even just like yours.

I get a lot more jokes than you might think. Didn't really figure the limo was anything less. Don't think you got a few of mine either (like the one about the right limo).

I said right in the very first post that I didn't care if anyone liked Kid Rock. I never have. Maybe I will run out and buy a bunch of his stuff now. Maybe. :) I still don't care if anyone likes him. Or the song for that matter. I just wanted to jog a few memories and maybe we'd hear some good stories. So far I think we know that kilo is older than dirt, Vivian is a whore, Werewolves of London is one of the two best songs ever written (rolls eyes), Foreman thinks the song is a tribute to Lynyrd Skynyrd, you think Kid Rock is a no talent song poacher, and I think there is a darker side to TripleK's past than she is willing to share.

Now Hanna Montana... is way to young for anybody here to even think about.

Sorry, me and Patty have a date tonight. Threesome with Tyrone.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom