new ford v6

S

stinkystomper

anyone drove that new ford v6 in the f150 yet?

I think it is a 3.5L engine. I was buying a truck yesterday and the dealer really wanted me to test drive this little six banger. I finally said ok and for grins I gave the wheel a hard turn and floored it expecting absolutely nothing to happen. I kinda wanted to give the salesman that shist eatin look grin sayin i told you so. Instead that friggin truck whipped a complete 360 and started another one before I got off the gas. I gently reapplied the gas and slowly parked it back on the lot. Lets just say I'm a little impressed.

Well stinkbug?

Did you destroy anything before the Odometer read 5 miles?:D

That ain't no Test!

Hook it to a 20,000 pound load & lets see what it'll do?

For a Grocery Getter it'll probably do well!

She's lackin about 400 lb ft of TORQUE to be a REAL Truck!

She'd be a Nice Run around Rig!

So what'd you Buy?

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Looks like 365 Ponies & 420 lb ft of Torque!

Not bad for a 3.5 Litre!

Kinda makes the New 6.2 Ford Gas Engine look bad!

I know a few guys that have the 6.2 & She's Thirsty!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

I've drove I think 6 of them.. all had a lot of power. The duel Turbo made good torque and made up for them being v6's. All said they were getting around 21 in town. I've been impressed so far.

Oh and I raced one of them to 60 against my dads 08 f150 with the 5.4. The v6 won.

I'm buying a new f-150 for one of my employees and the 3.5 eco boost caught my eye. Ford asked our company to drive one and the feedback has been positive. I decided not get the 3.5 becuase of the twin turbo. I dont want to pay for one when they go out (twin turbo = $$$$). The MSRP is also close to the 5.0l so its not worth it to me

That v6 gets 21 mpg in town. Any other ford gas is gonna get around 13 mpg. Take the savings from fuel cost and apply it toward a turbo fix in several years when the warranties gone.

As for me I'm not sure the turbo will have problems. I'm mean really tayugly, it's not like the seals in your 6.0L diesel are gonna be pouring diesel into the thing and ruining it. My track record with ford turbo says you most likely won't be having turbo problems.

As for me I ended up buying an f150. I usually buy superdutys for the leg room in the back but when I set in the back of the 150 I quickly found they have way more room than the superdutys do now. So I bought a 4 door long bed 4x4 xlt with the 5 something liter v8. Not sure just know it was only 32k. The thing won't be worth 5 cents in a year. I have a feeling the crew I just hired ain't gonna be goin easy on her.

An F150 that gets 21 in town?? LMFAO!! HAHAHAHA oh man you're killin me this morning!! :)

My 99 F150 gets about 11 in town and 17 on the freeway...can't wait to sell it!! Not sure what to buy when I do though?? Maybe another F150...one that gets 21 in town...LMFAO!! }>

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/Feleno/zFix.jpg[/IMG] ~Z~

All of them said they was getting 21 in town gawd damnit Z. I hate the hell out of fords so I have no reason to fib on the MPG. Yeah my dads f150 gets 10 MPG in town.

Now I only drove them from the dealership to my shop to do some work on them and then back to the dealership. Who knows what they actually do get on an entire tank.

I think the way I drive em they would only get around 2 mgp. I also think my quarter mile time would be somewhere around 8 minutes, and by the end of the 1/4 mile everyone in the truck would be puking from all the spinning!

What am I doing wrong?? Have an 09 F150 (5.4L)crew cab, short WB. Live 5 miles out of town, get 16-17 going to town and around town. On open road, using cruise @65 get 20-21. Got this truck used last year after getting rid of my Obamamobile.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

i know two guys who bought the 3.5 ecoboost and love it. both claim over 20 mpg mixed driving. i have some doubt about the durability. ive seen the pistons and they have very little skirt to them so im thinkin they will wear out the bore fairly quickly. that 6.2 runs like a scalded dog as well. i drove one in a superduty and was pretty impressed

>i know two guys who bought
>the 3.5 ecoboost and love
>it. both claim over 20
>mpg mixed driving. i have
>some doubt about the durability.
>ive seen the pistons and
>they have very little skirt
>to them so im thinkin
>they will wear out the
>bore fairly quickly. that 6.2
>runs like a scalded dog
>as well. i drove one
>in a superduty and was
>pretty impressed

"Piston's have little skirt on them" Is the new V6 a stroker engine?

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom