NEW FORD 6.2 GAS ENGINE ANYBODY?

B

B_BOP_A_LU_LU

Just wondering if anybody has bought/tried one of these out?
I done some reading.
When is Ford gonna realize a long stroke is what makes Torque?
I'm sure the 6.2 is fine for a run around truck,but what's it gonna do when you put 15-20k lbs behind it?
Anyway,just wondering what kind of power & mileage they are pulling?
http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=31019

I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

Fix Or Repair Daily.....

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

The old Fords are better than the new ones....this one gets 12mpg with a 460 gas motor....

7899hpim0563.jpg

I drove one thursday, i would not own one no power the V10 had more power then it has, they just dont make truck like they used too..

We have 6 of them running at work, well they try to run but spend a lot of time in the shop. A lot of electrical problems. Nothing mechanically yet that I know of.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Well Tony?
You wouldn't buy an F-250 just to haul a Dog around would ya?
Real Pick-ups/1 tons (with Guts) haul loads up to 30K lbs around here quite regularly.(Ain't sayin it's right,but it's common!)
I was reading on the Ford Forums about this new 6.2 & I'm hearing anywhere from 12 to 17 MPG?
Ford Braggs of the 400 ft lbs of Torque,but that ain't JACK compared to a decent running Diesel.

With todays Technology,is this the best they(auto makers) can do?

>Well Tony?
>You wouldn't buy an F-250 just
>to haul a Dog around
>would ya?
>Real Pick-ups/1 tons (with Guts) haul
>loads up to 30K lbs
>around here quite regularly.(Ain't sayin
>it's right,but it's common!)
>I was reading on the Ford
>Forums about this new 6.2
>& I'm hearing anywhere from
>12 to 17 MPG?
>Ford Braggs of the 400 ft
>lbs of Torque,but that ain't
>JACK compared to a decent
>running Diesel.
>
>With todays Technology,is this the best
>they(auto makers) can do?
>
>
>I love not acting my age,
>
>Damn I love my NASCAR race,
>
>And Hell yes I love my
>Truck!

Anyone hauling 30k with a pickup should be shot. That's a serious accident waiting to happen.

The simple fact is, the VAST majority of people that own trucks haul less than 10k.

You're telling me that 400 factory HP with 17 mpg is no good? Your old F250 if its a 460 probably made just north of 200 HP when it was new, and likely gets single digits empty.

People ##### and moan about how they don;t make them like they used to, and they are right, they make them a lot better! My F150 with he 5.4 pulls a TON better than my old F250 that had a 351 (5.8)

2a0fcsk.gif

I wouldn't make a move till I heard from stinky. He hauls 30k worth of silicon around all the time. (At least thats what I heard)

Slick

Well,don't know if they need to be shot,lol!
I'm just telling you what I've read,17 was the highest MPG I read about,the Guy claimed he got 17 MPG at 45 MPH,who the Hell drives 45 MPH?
Don't get all riled up Tony,I'm just looking for info!
400 HP huh?
Is that at the Flywheel?
Or at the rear wheels?
Tell you what!
I've never drove a new 6.2 gas.
But I'm willing to make you a bet!
You get a new 6.2 with 400 Ponies.
I'll challenge you with my 325 Ponies pulling a 15K load,We'll see who gets up the steep hill first and see who uses the least amount fuel!
Just sayin....................

Bess;

I hate to break your bubble, if you believe that!! My F-250 is a 1999 year with the 7.3 diesel. Yet I only have a little over 57,000 miles on it. It is used mainly for vacations pulling a 26 Ft. travel trailer.
On trips to Oregon or wyoming I have average 12-14 MPG while pulling the trailer and I do not travel at 45 MPH. More like 65-70. Without the trailer I have average 17-18 MPG on trips.

I will admit there has been several modications to it. such as power chip and 3.5 inch exhaust system for better breathing. Also dual tanks that allow me to carry 74 gallons of diesel. Filling it up is a eye opener at the pumps.

Only time it has been in the shop is for routine maintance such as oil change.

Oops! I take that back. 1999 is the only year that Ford did not use a radiator cooling system for the transmission. They installed a cooler in front of the radiator. I had the shop pull the factory radiator and install a heavier one that included a transmission flow though cooler and connectd it to the factory cooler for double transmission cooling system while pulling hills with the trailer. It has never gotten higher then normal on the gauge and the transmission stays cooler which should help it last longer. I do not like paying $2,500.00 for a transmission over haul that I had to do with a previous F-250 that had the gas 460 engine. That truck was a flat out guzzler of gas that average 9-10 mpg while pulling the same 26 ft. trailer.

RELH

>Well,don't know if they need to
>be shot,lol!
>I'm just telling you what I've
>read,17 was the highest MPG
>I read about,the Guy claimed
>he got 17 MPG at
>45 MPH,who the Hell drives
>45 MPH?
>Don't get all riled up Tony,I'm
>just looking for info!
>400 HP huh?
>Is that at the Flywheel?
>Or at the rear wheels?
>Tell you what!
>I've never drove a new 6.2
>gas.
>But I'm willing to make you
>a bet!
>You get a new 6.2 with
>400 Ponies.
>I'll challenge you with my 325
>Ponies pulling a 15K load,We'll
>see who gets up the
>steep hill first and see
>who uses the least amount
>fuel!
>Just sayin....................
>
>I love not acting my age,
>
>Damn I love my NASCAR race,
>
>And Hell yes I love my
>Truck!

If your talking gas vs. diesel, then you've gone off track. If you've built your old gas F250 to 325 hp then you've also gone off track, we are talking factory vs. factory here and how the newer trucks are more powerful, and more efficient than the older trucks.
2a0fcsk.gif

They are more powerfull and more efficient. But still not woth the price you pay for them.... Great big money pits, no more reliable either.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

RELH,
Bust my bubble? Lol!
As you stated & many others have stated,the 1999 7.3 Fords were a decent year of Truck,I'm not gonna argue that,Ford has took their turn at building decent vehicles on certain years as have all the Auto builders have.

Problem is,how do we know which year to buy what?
All I'm saying is:
Ford will boast of 400+ HorsePower & people like Tony257 will suck it in(Just Razzin ya Tony,I like the Hell out of you)just sayin.....
400 Horsepower?
It ain't Horsepower that makes a decent Pick-up/Work horse,It's Torque!
325 Horsepower is enough for me,700-800 ft lbs of Torque is what makes a Pick-up!
I've drove em all(except the new Ford 6.2 that justr says is an electrical nightmare),and in my opinion nothing beats a sweet running Diesel,once you've pulled a heavy load with a sweet running Diesel you'll throw rocks at a f'n 400 Horsepower gas engine!

I've got Friends that work on Newer PowerJokes day in,day out at the Ford Garage,they are getting real good at pulling the Cabs off just to work on that new POS!(I'm talkin the 6.4 JOKER)

>They are more powerfull and more
>efficient. But still not woth
>the price you pay for
>them.... Great big money pits,
>no more reliable either.
>
>
4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Not sure i can buy this either, no offense justr.
But i KNOW my old 71 Ford was only good for about 100K on that old 390, my 2000 V-10 is just over 200K now and still not a drop of oil leaking or burned.
These new trucks cost three times as much, but we're also getting that much more service out of them.....IMHO ;-)
http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx290/slamdunk_04/E1x1BWINV1-2.jpg[/IMG]

Hey PUNK!
I know you're Proud of your Ford & You should be,it's been a good rig for you,I'd still like to see MS PUNK get up in to it!}>}>}>

She ever slap you for that 18" Lift?Lol!

slam, that changes with the truck too... My brother has an 88 gmc with almost 400k on it. my dad has a 94 chev with 240. both gas engines and both lived through my high school days of beating the hell out of them.

I guess you get good ones and you get bad ones. No matter what year.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

You sure do, no doubt about it.
My 88 with a 460 treated me well. I sold it with 180K miles on it and 8 years later i still see it driving around town.
It just seems when i was a teen, i always heard vehicles were pretty much shot at 100K miles, heck there's warranties close to that now ;-)

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx290/slamdunk_04/E1x1BWINV1-2.jpg[/IMG]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom