New F&G Wolf Resolution

Wolf predation has and continues to have a substantial adverse affect on elk populations in certain areas, particularly in northern and central Idaho where population objectives are no longer met. Wolf predation has prevented elk population objectives from being
met in several zones and has necessitated reduced opportunities for hunters, negatively affecting Idaho?s economy, as well as IDFG revenues.

They (F&G) really need to drive this point home.

Wolves are;
killing elk
killing revenue
killing jobs

I looked up the non-res tag sales they are horrible. 993 general deer tags sold and 2986 elk tags. That is a lot of lost revenue for the state of idaho. It is crunch time. The impact the wolf has had on idaho's economy could really be devastating this year if all of those tags go unsold. I applaud idaho for fighting to keep control and to realize they need to help the game numbers return to pre wolf numbers.

I really hope Idaho can kill some wolves.

I also hope they can pull their heads out and lower the price of non-resident tags. I learned in high school economics class that when your sales start to decrease the solution isn't to raise your price. IDFG needs to lower the price, increase quality, and then they can inch the price back up. I will not pay almost $500 to hunt deer in Idaho. I am sure some residents are happy about that, but in the long run they will regret it if IDFG doesn't get non-resident hunters to come and foot some of the bill for wildlife management in Idaho.

Dax

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom