New Dodges-Death Wobble

Elkman80

I have been in a Dodge and experienced the Death Wobble. Not fun or funny. Our Dodge Dealer is telling us the problem has been corrected in the newer models.My question is simple. Correct or Not? Thanks

If you were selling DODGES what would you tell people?

Had a Chevy that had the Death Wobble & nobody ever fixed it!

"""Supporting Speed Limits doesn't make You Anti Car"""

No & You'll never Fix STUPID or WACKO'S by changing Gun Laws You Dumb BITTCH!

It's fixed as long as you jack em up real good. Oh and run a min of 35's on em. Course a beer in the console and 75mph cruise speed helps also.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I have a 95, stock. it did for a while i fixed the wobble problem on it. seen dodges into the early 2000's do it. I don't know about the newer models. They know there's a problem but won't admit it. they just tell you keep new tires on it and replace ball joint's, etc. on a regular basis. dealerships make more money on repairs!

I have a 2000 3/4 ton. Never hit a death wobble. Didn't put tires and/or lift on to prove I have testicles. Drives just fine. Half the year it gets the tar abused out of the front end with a plow on it. Still drives just fine.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

It's a conspiracy. They will make way more money in parts than a lawsuit will cost them.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Death wobble is one expensive fix. I haven't heard of the problem in the new dodges.

I don't speak dodge but I have experienced the death wobble on 3 different ford PU's and a couple of early broncos.
It almost always goes back to some front end suspension part being loose or worn. The older the vehicle and more miles on it the greater the odds of the infamous wobble.
Most of the ford problems I have had go back to the track bar.
You might look there.

2009s do it. Usually the track bar. Mine was worn idler arm, tie rod, etc joints. $800 later and mines ok... for now. It sucks ass. And its scary when it happens at 70 mph as you're passing a semi. And no, I'm not running super big tires.

>Uh oh! Now Ford is
>gettin' in on the action.
>
>
>
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Yep, mine has been doing that for over 5 years now... It's been to the Ford dealership at least 20 times for it and they can't fix it...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

There is a reason why dodge/chrysler are consistently at the very BOTTOM of consumer reports.

>ive owned two dodges and never
>had the problem. at
>how many miles does this
>happen?

I bought mine with 60k on it and it happened to me soon after.

my dad also has one as well as lots of friends and i haven't heard of it. guess we've been lucky. hope we continue to be. im assuming you all do routine maint. such as greasing ball joints.

i had a ford that shook like that at around 280K miles. got the front end aligned and it drove fine after that.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom