New "cabelas" vortex

AndymanSavage

Very Active Member
Vortex now makes a pair of binos for cabelas. I looked at them in the store last night. When I saw them in the counter I told the salesman that they looked like Vortex binos that had been rebranded. He said "that's because they are". I asked to see them and looked around the store. I was very unimpressed. I had a hard time seeing things in the back of the store in full daylight with the store lights on. It seemed darker than the naked eye. Edge to edge clarity was poor as well. I would have to spend more time outside to give an actual "review", but I did not like what I saw in the store at all.

Cabelas does not currently list these binos on their website, but they are in the store. They run $350.

I was there to check out the Euro 12x50, friggin awesome.

Andy

Hi Guys,

I was directed to this post by one of our dealers.

Just to clear any confusion, Vortex and Cabelas have no business arrangements. We are not producing any optics for Cabelas. I don't know where that salespersons comment came from, but it is completely untrue. The bino you looked at does not come from us.

Sincerely,

Paul Neess
Vortex Optics

LAST EDITED ON Jul-18-07 AT 03:50PM (MST)[p]Andyman, Come on now-spreading rumors....:)

Sounds like Cabela's needs to get their facts straight.

Vortex DOES NOT make any binos for Cabela's. So, the binos you were looking through were Cabela's binos.

If you want to look at some Vortex binos I'm still planning on next Thursday at Alta or check some out at a "Vortex" dealer........Jake's Archery is probably the closest dealer to you or Payson Sports.

I just got a pair of 12x50 Razors and would love to compare them with the Euros-which are made for Cabela's by Meopta.

Which also makes stuff for some of the other big European companies, but that's another story...........

tell me the other story I don't know squat about who makes what. except lipton makes my green tea- In think I know that ?

Proud White Man !!!!!
M WAITE, AZ.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-18-07 AT 05:33PM (MST)[p]Dangit! I should have known better than to trust the counter jockey. Sorry to all those whose lives have been ruined due to this errant post. Paul , I will be there next week. I admit that after all the hype I was really confused when I looked through the cabelas glass. I am relieved that they are not vortex. Don't start rumors? That's how I roll Paul. In fact, I just heard that vol 3 was a rejected realtree video and paul pasted his head on bill jordans body and if you look closely you can are the rt logo several times.

Again , sorry for the mis info. You may need to go put a sign in the case that says that "these are not vortex no matter what the salesman says."

I look forward to seeing a real vortex product next week.

Andy

Andy,

Now that's some funny stuff! No worries on the deal. I have to wonder where the Cabela's employee got his or her info.

I'm just glad that it's not true, cause all of the Vortex I've looked through is the best bang for the buck w/o question.

See you next week. I hear there's lot of bambies running around Alta this year;)

LAST EDITED ON Jul-18-07 AT 05:35PM (MST)[p]Paul ,I will bring my 10x42 cabelas/ meopta euros.

I need a spotting scope and am excited to see the vortex line.

Andy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom