New Cabelas Catalog

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I keep hearing about the new hard bound edition that just came out. I haven't seen it. Did anybody get one yet?

Maybe I don't spend enough money there? My wife would disagree.:)

Eel

I keep hearing about the new hard bound edition that just came out. I haven't seen it. Did anybody get one yet?

Maybe I don't spend enough money there? My wife would disagree.:)

Eel

Got mine week before last...2 years in a row. I probably haven't spent 400 bucks there over the last 3 years. Maybe that's the secret, Eel!

Got mine week before last...2 years in a row. I probably haven't spent 400 bucks there over the last 3 years. Maybe that's the secret, Eel!

I've gotten one, probably every year for a long time. I don't spend much money there either, but I do use their credit card, when I use a credit card. Maybe it's tied to that. As many magazines and fliers, etc. that they send out, I've about decided they must be making way too much money on mark up, to be able to print that many ads., and books.

I've gotten one, probably every year for a long time. I don't spend much money there either, but I do use their credit card, when I use a credit card. Maybe it's tied to that. As many magazines and fliers, etc. that they send out, I've about decided they must be making way too much money on mark up, to be able to print that many ads., and books.

Spent a lot of money with Cabelas until a few years ago when i noticed how their prices seemed to get ahead of their competition. I sent them a nice letter saying thanks but how i wouldn't be spending any more money with them until their prices seemed to be more in line.

I didn't buy from them anymore and they stopped sending me the hard-back. I don't miss it, or them, one bit. No doubt, they don't miss me and i can easily find what i need at better prices on-line.

Joey

Spent a lot of money with Cabelas until a few years ago when i noticed how their prices seemed to get ahead of their competition. I sent them a nice letter saying thanks but how i wouldn't be spending any more money with them until their prices seemed to be more in line.

I didn't buy from them anymore and they stopped sending me the hard-back. I don't miss it, or them, one bit. No doubt, they don't miss me and i can easily find what i need at better prices on-line.

Joey

LOL......Ransom got ya Eel.

I got mine a few weeks ago too, have received them for some time now...don't buy hardly anymore since I have all the "toys" etc that I need.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

LOL......Ransom got ya Eel.

I got mine a few weeks ago too, have received them for some time now...don't buy hardly anymore since I have all the "toys" etc that I need.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

For the last 2 years I have received the hard bound edition. Everything you ever dreamed of is in that book. I plan on keeping one as a collectors item.

Eldorado

For the last 2 years I have received the hard bound edition. Everything you ever dreamed of is in that book. I plan on keeping one as a collectors item.

Eldorado

"I plan on keeping one as a collectors item".

Being a collector of outdoor related items myself, i find that comment pretty funny. Unless you plan on living a VERY long time, i doubt they will ever be worth more than you paid for them. They sent out millions of copies! Hey, stick it in a box and put it in the attic, you never know!

If your Truly interested though, i have some back issues that i'll let go for deal of a price of ten bucks a copy plus shipping. :)

Joey

"I plan on keeping one as a collectors item".

Being a collector of outdoor related items myself, i find that comment pretty funny. Unless you plan on living a VERY long time, i doubt they will ever be worth more than you paid for them. They sent out millions of copies! Hey, stick it in a box and put it in the attic, you never know!

If your Truly interested though, i have some back issues that i'll let go for deal of a price of ten bucks a copy plus shipping. :)

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Jul-17-11 AT 01:51PM (MST)[p]Sage, I consider the hard bound edition worthy of keeping. That's all.

Eldorado

LAST EDITED ON Jul-17-11 AT 01:51PM (MST)[p]Sage, I consider the hard bound edition worthy of keeping. That's all.

Eldorado

Eldorado, pm me your address. i have the 2004, 2005, and 2006 hard bound editions that i will gladly ship to you. If you care to reimburse the shipping fee only, that would be fine but not necessary.

Joey

Eldorado, pm me your address. i have the 2004, 2005, and 2006 hard bound editions that i will gladly ship to you. If you care to reimburse the shipping fee only, that would be fine but not necessary.

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Jul-17-11 AT 02:19PM (MST)[p]Hey Sage, I see you have collected your share of Cabelas catalogs. Your quite the collector aren't you. LOL.

Eldorado

LAST EDITED ON Jul-17-11 AT 02:19PM (MST)[p]Hey Sage, I see you have collected your share of Cabelas catalogs. Your quite the collector aren't you. LOL.

Eldorado

Got mine!!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

Got mine!!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

Just offering but if you don't want them that's fine too. Yes, i've been collecting outdoor related stuff for over 30 years.

My pride and joy collections are mostly fishing related, old bass plugs and assorted lures that are still in their 2 piece cardboard boxes. Many have actually come down in value a bit but that's not why i collected them. I just love all that old timey stuff.

Joey

Just offering but if you don't want them that's fine too. Yes, i've been collecting outdoor related stuff for over 30 years.

My pride and joy collections are mostly fishing related, old bass plugs and assorted lures that are still in their 2 piece cardboard boxes. Many have actually come down in value a bit but that's not why i collected them. I just love all that old timey stuff.

Joey

"Eel
I think Cabelas has POW Island blacktail hunts offered at a discounted price.

Ransom"
---------------------------------------------------------------

How was I supposed to know? I don't have a catalog.....plick! Their discout price is way higher than we're going to pay anyway. We have to sleep under a tarp and pick berries to eat, but way cheaper than Cabelas.

Eel

"Eel
I think Cabelas has POW Island blacktail hunts offered at a discounted price.

Ransom"
---------------------------------------------------------------

How was I supposed to know? I don't have a catalog.....plick! Their discout price is way higher than we're going to pay anyway. We have to sleep under a tarp and pick berries to eat, but way cheaper than Cabelas.

Eel

Only hardback or glossy that I keep are the annual Victorias Secret's. SHTFU i'm concentrating!

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

Only hardback or glossy that I keep are the annual Victorias Secret's. SHTFU i'm concentrating!

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

>"Eel
>I think Cabelas has POW Island
>blacktail hunts offered at a
>discounted price.
>
>Ransom"
>---------------------------------------------------------------
>
>How was I supposed to know?
>I don't have a catalog.....plick!
>Their discout price is way
>higher than we're going to
>pay anyway. We have to
>sleep under a tarp and
>pick berries to eat, but
>way cheaper than Cabelas.
>
>Eel

Eel

You can't sleep under a tarp on POW Island. POW is home to the biggest and meanest sasquatches anywhere! Besides I have to be back to the lodge in time to watch the 3:30 afternoon movie.

>"Eel
>I think Cabelas has POW Island
>blacktail hunts offered at a
>discounted price.
>
>Ransom"
>---------------------------------------------------------------
>
>How was I supposed to know?
>I don't have a catalog.....plick!
>Their discout price is way
>higher than we're going to
>pay anyway. We have to
>sleep under a tarp and
>pick berries to eat, but
>way cheaper than Cabelas.
>
>Eel

Eel

You can't sleep under a tarp on POW Island. POW is home to the biggest and meanest sasquatches anywhere! Besides I have to be back to the lodge in time to watch the 3:30 afternoon movie.

I get one every time they come out and I only have averaged $337.13 per year over the last 7 years. I don't have a Cabela's credit card.

I live a LONG way from a Cabela's store, or any other of the big outlets, so maybe they want to be sure I have the option of their catalog for purchases.

"What's good for me, ain't necessarily good for the weak minded"

I get one every time they come out and I only have averaged $337.13 per year over the last 7 years. I don't have a Cabela's credit card.

I live a LONG way from a Cabela's store, or any other of the big outlets, so maybe they want to be sure I have the option of their catalog for purchases.

"What's good for me, ain't necessarily good for the weak minded"

I been getting them bi-annually for the past 8 years or so. I used to spend a lot of money there, especially mail order before we got one in Utah. I haven't spent too much there over the past couple of years but I still get them regularly. Funny thing is, I still get the discipline specific catalogs every other month.

Funny you mention the backstop thing. I have blown the backs out of my fair share of the hardback copy!

It's always an adventure!!!

I been getting them bi-annually for the past 8 years or so. I used to spend a lot of money there, especially mail order before we got one in Utah. I haven't spent too much there over the past couple of years but I still get them regularly. Funny thing is, I still get the discipline specific catalogs every other month.

Funny you mention the backstop thing. I have blown the backs out of my fair share of the hardback copy!

It's always an adventure!!!

If they would quit sending out hardback catalogs and the numerous specialty catalogs that I get every couple weeks they could lower their prices by quite a bit.

If they would quit sending out hardback catalogs and the numerous specialty catalogs that I get every couple weeks they could lower their prices by quite a bit.

Used to be I didn't mind spending a couple extra bucks on gear at Cabela's. There customer service and return policy made it worth it to me.

Since they changed all that, I see no reason to stay loyal. They're just another player in the game now...........I'll do buisness with whomever gives me the best deal everything else being equal.

the artist formerly known as "gemstatejake".

Used to be I didn't mind spending a couple extra bucks on gear at Cabela's. There customer service and return policy made it worth it to me.

Since they changed all that, I see no reason to stay loyal. They're just another player in the game now...........I'll do buisness with whomever gives me the best deal everything else being equal.

the artist formerly known as "gemstatejake".

I must have slipped through the cracks. I haven't had a catalog in a long time. Now that I think about it, I've ordered from their website only for quite awhile.

Eel

I must have slipped through the cracks. I haven't had a catalog in a long time. Now that I think about it, I've ordered from their website only for quite awhile.

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom