Nevada & the shell game

Long Time Member
So while everyone has been kicking and screaming over Utah and public lands being put under state control, it appears the ball has been under the Nevada shell the whole time. I gues Nevada just saved a step and eliminates the state as the middle man allowing the feds to sell land direct.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46313271&nid=148&title=blm-wants-to-sell-430-acres-of-federal-land-near-ely

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Maybe somebody will chime in and tell us what the parcels look like.

#livelikezac

It's been that way forever.

Let me know when the Ruby Mountains come up for sale. I've been saving.

97172deliverancebanjo.jpg

LAST EDITED ON May-05-18 AT 07:26PM (MST)[p]Don't know what the parcels look like but I'm sure they are close to Ely or another town. It's part of the White Pine County Conservation, Recreation and Development Act of 2006, what we call here a county lands bill. The local governments pick out some lands they need for economic development and in turn they get a bunch of wilderness areas declared. Actually selling those lands takes years. As long as everyone can agree on which lands should be sold and which should become wilderness it's not a bad deal. In this case there were half a million or so acres put in wilderness. It's hard to get everyone to agree but it's usually sort of a consensus. I know there have been lands bills in a few counties and a couple more are in process. It's a much better way to satisfy the need for some private land for growth than what the sagebrush rebellion people want. 430 acres in White Pine County is a pretty small amount.

Eel, if Elko County had their way the entire county would be turned over and for sale. The Kock brothers and the Chinese would be the only ones who could afford it.

After a closer look at least some of the lands being sold in this round are actually surrounded by private lands IN Ely. This isn't a massive transfer.

LAST EDITED ON May-05-18 AT 08:10PM (MST)[p] A Bunch of Liberal Demo's will let it Happen!

EDIT: Foot in the F'N Door!

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Eel, I think anyone who thinks in a reasonably moderate way will tell you sometimes the feds need to dispose of SOME land specifically for economic development. Municipalities need to grow. It's the far left who want to lock it all up and the far right who want to rape and pillage it all that we should worry about.

> Are the Bundy's
>on their way Yet?
>
>
>
On their way where? Squishface is gonna be governor. He will be moving to Carson.

I see where Ammon has declared that his fight against the feds and the environmental groups (anyone who doesn't agree with him) is a "holy war". A regular melon farmer Jihadist.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom