Nevada Sheep 066

B

BigTimber

My friends daughter drew a ram tag for 066 in NV, if anyone is willing to help with information I would appreciate it. I have never been in that part of the state so I am not much help.

Thanks

BT

Might try contacting the Biologist for that unit in Elko, he can be a great help if nothing else comes up for you. Call 775-777-2300 in Elko or 775-623-6565 in Winnemucca, good luck on the hunt.

Brian

Even though I work in that basin every week, I don't have much personal to provide. Look at the Ca. Bighorn checkout surveys for the last 5 years on the NDOW website. The harvest info is prbably pretty accurate due to the difficulty of drawing a tag.

I checked the website and you are right...the locations on the harvest info are a great place to start.

Thanks

BT

I hunted deer there in 2006. When I was there 10 years ago a guy was there camped down the road that had a sheep tag. He ended up getting one. In 2006 He was there again, his wife had the tag.
We hunted deer hard, but all we could find was the sheep. Had about a 400yard shot at a decent buck, but miised. I could have shot a sheep every day. I actully told the people about a nice ram I had been seeing, and where he was. She ended up getting him. I believe he scored 180.
We hunted out of Midas, NV.

A 180 California in 066? Hmmm... not to be a butthead here or anything but there were 2 rams killed in 066 in 2006. One by a lady on 8/27 that scored 138 6/8, one by a man which scored 154 4/8 and was killed on 8/26. The other tag holder, also a woman, hunted 20 days and was listed as "unsuccessful" on the final checkout summary.

Yea, I was just going off what they told me at camp. I have no idea how to score a ram, but it had a full curl. One thing about those sheep, they stink. I was walking past their camp after the evening hunt and I could smell it 40' away.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom