Nevada points? can you lose them?

brokenneck

I had 6 points for deer, elk, and sheep, but when the economy went on the Obamatank,I had to concentrate more on getting by then building points.
I guess I've missed about 3-4 years, did I lose them?

If not, what type of deer hunt could I have a shot at drawing next year? Could I have any chance of a late season hunt with a rifle, muzzy, or bow?

Thanks for your input!
I have only been a member for a couple weeks, this seems like a really cool place. Glad I stumbled upon it.

I got caught in the Nevada point "trap" at one time. I just kept throwing money at it until I drew out. Now I feel like a free man!:)

Eel

You can put in every year, but not buy the points, and you will keep your points and not lose them. I have 2points and have not bought one for about 4 years now. On years I feel I can afford them, I buy them, on other years, I just put in. When buying points in AZ, NV, Ut, Wy, and col. for a few people, it can get expensive.

I had a similar thing in Utah when I almost let my zoo elephant points lapse. I just know I will get that tag and then can hunt it once they set it loose on Antelope Island. Oh man, what a hunt that will be! I hear there is no tougher penned hunt outside of Texas and I want to be part of such a challenging hunt that requires not only extreme physical fitness but the ability to hike several feet from the port-o-potty before shooting.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom