Neighborhood Watch

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I hear all the time that if Zimmerman had been minding his own business he would have never killed Travon Martin. True enough. Or maybe it was his business.

Zimmerman was an active member of a Neighborhood Watch program.

The Program is an official program endorsed by most law enforcement agencies around the country. It's usually started by people who live in an area that has been hit by burglaries or other crime activities. They get fed up and decide to be pro active.

http://www.nnwi.org/

We had one in our neighborhood for awhile. I followed unknown persons all the time. I wrote down suspicious license plate numbers too. How else are you going to observe if you don't look? In our case, a certain individual moved out and our problems ended, so it just faded out.

Who has a neighborhood watch in their area?

Eel

I've got one!

Me & My 3-5-7!

The World is changing at an unbelievable Pace!

This Story happens alot it's True!
But Ya Best Hope it don't ever happen to you!

Ours is informal but very effective. We watch each others places and none of us are afraid to get "involved".

I scared the crap outa a guy was crawling half way thru my neighbor across the streets window. Turns out that he had a good reason that panned out but he didn't see me coming and i grabbed his belt and pulled him out the window and onto the ground. :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

JUDAS sage!

You Yankin the AC Man out of the Window?:D

This Story happens alot it's True!
But Ya Best Hope it don't ever happen to you!

Around here when a house alarm goes off. The neighbors are called first. Then the sherriff's office. We can get there 15 minutes quicker. Plus our sherriffs office closes from midnight till 8 am

lol Bess, No, he was a new tenant who had been promised an key but my buddy the landlord hadn't gotten it to him as promised.

All in all, he shook my hand and was glad to have a neighbor that gave a crap.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"