Need Nine Mile Anthro Unit Help

I

ihunt23

Need Nine Mile Anthro Unit Help

I was wondering if anyone has hunted this unit for antelope? Any good places to start looking, or what to expect. I Would really appreciate any information I could get. Thanks.

RE: Need Nine Mile Anthro Unit Help

Tony grimmitt had this tag back in '03. I don't recall seeing what size of 'lope he took from this unit though. You could probably search his/Ely's web page and see if it is posted in their pictures. Or, maybe Ely will read this thread and be able to point you in the right direction. I'm quite sure it was 2003. I haven't been there personally but i'm sure there's a book buck in there. Good Luck on your hunt!!!
Yak
www.pronghornguideservice.com

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.
Thomas Jefferson

This is my uncles buck from Nine Mile in 2002 that scored 86 1/8 SCI. My Dad's buck from '03 was about 83-84 (never officially scored) and we also guided a hunter that year who took an 83 4/8 in that unit.

2002_JGrimmett.JPG

I wish I could point you in the right direction, but we actually haven't been up there scouting in several years. I know that the tag numbers were dropping for a few years. There used to be a ton of antelope around the oil wells and they were always very tame usually even using the wells for shade. Good luck!

Sorry I spelled your name wrong Eli. I miss reading your blog spot off of your website. I read it all the time but never posted to it. Can't find you on Twitter. Thanks for your help here. I figured you'd be to busy taking the next World record for the year. Doesn't the state wide auction tags start on August 1st?
Yak

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.
Thomas Jefferson

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom