Need Lake Powell Fishing HELP!!!!!

FishlakeElkHunter

Very Active Member
We have just bought a time share on a Houseboat down at Lake Powell. Our week will be June 15th to the 22nd.
The boat is down at Wahweep Marina.

I have heard that this is a good time of year to Fish. The only problem, is I know NOTHING about fishing on Lake Powell. When I was a kid we used to go down there a lot but we would just hunt the striper boils and have a blast. I plan on doing that now, but I am hoping for some more direction to catch MORE fish!

Will anyone be willing to share some tips on fishing down there??? Bait, Locations, stuff like that??? I dont need any super secret spot, just some direction so that we can have some good old fish frys while we are down there. We will be there 7 days on a 65 foot boat and have PLENTY of time to Fish and Ski and everything else. So I want to get more fishing in, but if I am lost I will not be able to keep the kids attention very long........

SO PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We stopped hunting boils once we figured out how to create our own. Chumming! This time of year head to the back of your favorite bay, if your tracking fish on the finder and you find blue herrons, drop anchor, acutally drop three, two out the back corners, one at the front. You don't want to move at all. Dice up a pack of anchovies, in 1/2 pieces, scatter them around the back of the boat, and wait. We've had the strippers come in within 5 minutes, sometimes 30 minutes, when they do you'll know it. Screen turns black and you cant keep em off your hook. Fish em with a 1/4 oz jig head with a 1 inch piece of ancovey.

JUDAS PRIEST!!!

YOU CAN FORGET A LOT OF $HIT!!!

BUT I'M WARNING YOU!!!

YOU'D BETTER TAKE SOME SHADE WITH YOU!!!

THAT'LL BE A HOT SOB GUARANTEED!!!

GET AT LEAST 12 DOZEN ANCHOVY'S!!!

WE GOT THAT MANY LAST TIME & RUN OUT!!!

AND ONE MORE THING!!!

IT NEVER HURTS TO HAVE A GOOD PAIR OF BINO'S TO LOOK AT THE 'SCENERY'!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

RE: JUDAS PRIEST!!!

Toss a yamamoto grub into a rock pile and pull out fish as fast as you can get it in the water.
Or you could invite me and my new bass boat along.

---------------------------------------
"I needed a cheesy signature saying like everyone else"

We have a houseboat at Hall's Crossing and enjoy the striper fishing very much. Wayne is the man when it comes to CURRENT Powell fishing reports and techniques. Check him out:

http://www.wayneswords.com/

What dates do you have the boat?

Take a kid hunting. You will enjoy it more than they do!

NUNYA...we need to talk, i'm a total bass man myself.
I have a Viper 201 Cobra 225 Merc.

Fishlake-
To heck with those striped trash fish, go for the smallies and the greenies man!!

Send me a PM if ya want more info, i have fished tourneys down there for years.

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom