NEED HELP

C

cowboy57

Cutting some oak firewood last weekand got some poison oak on me,any good treatments out there.haven't got this stuff in 20 or so years. thanks tony.

Calamine lotion is what I use when I get it bad... Also when you shower don't scrub...And when your done showering pat yourself dry..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Only time I ever got it was accidentally cutting through some poison oak stalks with my chain saw while wearing short sleeves.
Those tender spots on the inside of your elbows are susceptible to attack.
I made a paste out of baking soda and slathered it on there.
Cooled the burn and reduced inflammation.
HH

Get ready to suffer with very little help it sucks....

Sorry but there is no cure all that I know of ....

I get oak real bad couple of years back I tried some herbal stuff called oral ivy and that stuff is great. I would highly recommend it

thanks for the help guys,i found some stuff called Tecnu,it says put on as soon as u know u been in the crap,or as soon as rash appears.takes the itch away better than calamine lotion,just got home and tried it and it's ok.those who get ought to try it.again thanks a lot again, ITCHEY

I feel for you. That stuff sucks.

I got it in CA on a pig hunt real bad. Learned what it looks like, am very careful to avoid it and still have gotten it twice since in CO while turkey hunting. The last case was pretty minor. If I am with in 100 yards of that crap, I break out a couple days later.

Good luck...

Buy some tea bags and soak them our about 5 minutes then take them out and rub on the area infected. Works great and fast.

COWBOY.....TAKE 3 SHOTS OF CROWN ROYAL EVERY HOUR FOR EIGHT HOURS, USE SOME CALAMINE LOTION AS DIRECTED, THEN REPEAT THE CROWN ROYAL TREATMENT .....THIS SHOULD HELP.....YD.

JUST DID I KNOW THAT'S THE OLD COWBOY WAY,EXCEPT I USED VO INSTEAD,IT'S STARTING TO WORK,THE ITCHING STILL THERE,BUT WHO GIVES A SH@# NOW.THANKS YD.YOU GET DRAWN FOR THE BOOKCLIFFS?

I just used Calamine and some other over the counter stuff that took the edge off...but, I could not find the silver bullet. Seems to me like you are going to suffer a bit no matter what. Try the tea bags and lets us know if it works. YD seems to be onto something...

hate that crap. dont use a hot shower it seems to spread but it feels so good. resist the temptation and pat dry like was suggested. if it get real bad i get a shot from the doc and it goes away almost over night. take some antihistamines and never get in it again. for me it gets worse every time i find it.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Nets are for fish!!

I also got into poison ivy bad when I was a kid in IL. Doc gave me a shot...I think it was a steroid shot. Like SWB said...that was the ticket...

tried some raw aloe vera plant last night took the itch away better than tecnu,the calamine and the tea bags.e-mailed doctor for some advice,need to get back up there and cut all that oak on the ground, one more truck and trailer all be set for my hard wood this coming year.i tried all of the methods to tell u the truth they work in someway. thanks to all for the in foe. tony

hey Cowboy, you might try an oatmeal bath. Aveeno makes some tablets you put in bath water, I have used in for prickly heat, and man, it worked like a charm.

Besides you can drink Crown in the tub, yeah?

Ya....the oatmeal bath sounds like the perfect remedy. While you're in the tub you can watch your favorite movie......Brokeback Mountain! :)

I used to use some stuff called Sarna. It took the itch away pretty quickly. The trick is when you feel it start to itch, ignore it!! I hope that helps....

Steve

LAST EDITED ON Apr-22-10 AT 06:11AM (MST)[p]>I get oak real bad couple
>of years back I tried
>some herbal stuff called oral
>ivy and that stuff is
>great. I would highly
>recommend it

I've had Oral Ivy as well. A trip to the doc and a shot of penicillin fixed me up tho.I steer clear of her now.

Make sure you do burn any with your wood this fall you might get a dose more of it in the smoke.
a buddy burnt some up in a trash pile last fall and ended up with again.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Just now saw this post!

I've had poison ivy several times and I can never git rid of it without going to the doctor, it just keeps spreading on me.

Usually I get the shot mentioned above and a prescription for some type of steroid pill if I remember right the name of it was methylprednisolone, not sure about the spelling.

You take it for 7 days, a couple less pills each day. That stuff cranks me up like you wouldn't believe!!! For the first few days your supposed to take about 7 pills I think, I can't be still at all, can't sleep and night or anything! That stuff would be great to have on a tough high country hunt.

LOL "Oral Ivy"! Sounds like a girlfriend I once had!

Piper, how's your period?

Zigga, don't forget the knee pads!

Hdude, Lil' Jimmy wants his share!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom