Need help with Bookcliffs!!!

B

bbentley392t

How goes it,
My name is Brad, and I'm a 26 year old archery hunter from Price...earlier this past week on Monday I received the great news (CC hit) that I've drawn a Book Cliffs archery tag and have been in an absolute frenzy ever since trying to dig up as much info as I can, in the process I found a few hunting videos on YouTube but nothing really outside of that. I was hoping that any of you with previous experience in that particular area might be willing to offer any advice & opinions you can, in regards to what I need to do as a hunter to place myself in a position to harvest a decent buck like so many have out of there...even though I live relatively close to the unit I have never once set foot in there and have absolutely idea where to even start scouting for bucks, anything you could offer would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks for your time, looking forward to haring back from you soon!

The top. probably be easiest for you to come up hay canyon from I-70. The deer will be on top all summer and through the archery season.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Archery hunted this unit twice. Stay high,5 mile radius of book cliffs divide

I would stay up around the divide. I saw some great
Bucks during the archery hunt last yr and they were all up top. I had a real hard time finding them again during the rifle season that I had a tag for. If I had a "do over" I'd go archery or muzz in the books.
Beautiful country though! Good Luck and have fun!

congrats on the tag,like most have said stay up high. i have been out there only twice but have seen some really good bucks. my wife and i also drew out for the book cliffs this year for rifle, but the archery tag i think is the better tag for seeing more mature bucks. i am willing to help as much as i can.

To make it even easier
'Water holes' On top of the Divide ..
Where ever the water truck is filling dirt tanks,
there will be bucks ..
Super fun hunt!

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom