Need Help Planning First Antelope Hunt

F

Flatlandr

Just got back from a successful Elk Hunt and now it is time to start thinking about next year's hunt which we have decided will be speed goats. The "we" is myself, my father Dennis, good friend Rex and his son JD.

An aquaintance of mine gave me info on a ranch that he hunted in unit 23 in Wyoming in '04. He said they had a great time. They paid a trespass fee to have their own ground and stayed on the ranch for 3 days.

I sure could use any help that any of my fellow MM members are willing to provide. I really do not even know where to start, what state, etc. but trust that I can find some good help here.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Mark,

Drop me a PM and I might be able to help you out.

Mike
at235.gif

I went on my first antelope hunt in Montana this year and had a blast. Seen about a 100 antelope a day and shot a nice buck the 2nd day.Some thing I learned were.
? Have good binos and spotting scope. ( so you can watch those things run all over the place for no reason). They don't stop running for a long time.
? They are hard to tell how big they are or what they might score.
? Hard to judge distance in open country. use a range finder.
? They are fun as hell to hunt.

my first antelope
334395.jpg

dakotakid, sent you a PM...Thanks!

Craig, congrat on the nice looking lope and thanks for the insight...all tips appreciated!

Mark

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom