Need help, planning a hunt for Unit 82. Mule deer.

usmcm16a2

Folks,

I have 1 preference point for deer. I have family in Green River, and Unit 82 has the combination of proximity to Green River and availability of tags to give me a good chance.
My question is can anyone help me find a guide, which area of 82 offers the best possibilities for getting a buck. I have hunted here in California for many years. At best the regions I can hunt, have success rates between 3-6 percent. The best zones have 15-20 year waits.
So any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated. My first post here! A2

I've hunted it only twice but 82 can get really crowded, especially on opening weekend. This year we saw only small bucks. I don't know any guides down there.

FYI, game and fish is looking to make 82 a limited draw only hunt for non residents in the next few years to control crowding. It will also become a draw tag for residents most likely but with an unlimited number of tags. Unit 100 is in a similar boat.

Good luck.

Dillon

usmc,

You can find choices other than 82. The public land is crowded, but there are several good outfitters that have deeded ground to hunt there, so crowding is not an issue on those private lands. There are also other choices. You can get licenses almost every year by coming a bit farther east. Or you can go to CO, which is also close to Rock Springs.

Lots of choices. Best of luck and hope you get a good buck.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom