Need help hunting Moose in Three forks Area!

G

gonehunting09

Just wondering if anyone can help my cousin out in this area! He from wenatchee and he not sure were to go. He been going to a place by little twin lake and hasnt had very good luck! If anyone could help him out I would appericate it! This is the first tag that he has draw for any animal. Thanks and good luck to everyone!!

I would call the local biologist. I think his number is posted on another Washington moose thread here, but I'll PM you the phone number.

Tell him to find a route with a bunch of young clearcuts, with a bunch of willow patches coming in and just keep running it! I drew a tag a few years back and had driven through the spot I shot mine at least 50 times. Tell him to just be patient and when he finds some good spots to just stick with them, sooner or later he'll cross paths!

Tell hime to concentrate on teh Metaline Falls side of things versus the Kettle Falls side. The moose concentration are much higher. On the Kettle Side you need to be more dialed in. The main cross road out of Metaline I believe is smackout pass. I have ran into good moose on it, Abercrombie, and I believe its baldy Mtn. I think its the 300 road. "chandler meadows" etc. There is good moose habitat in there. then look for those young cuts, or the powerline openings etc, and he'll pick one up. I wish I could be more help. There was a gigantic bull hanging on Tiger pass on the chain of lakes out of Ione. He spent alot of hs time on private ground but there is alot of Nation Forest all around it. They really like those lakes in the sumer. I can't remember if those are in that unit or not. If so, then maybe the lost creek road just past the last lakes. "Stewart Meadows" 4694 0r 4699 road. There is a nice gated road 500 that you canhike on.
Good luck and keep us posted!

P.S. There are only about a dozen twin lakes up there, but if its the one off of the Tiget Hwy, have him bump north a bit or East. Its a little more moist and the moose concetration is a little thicker. There are moose at that Twin Lakes, just not as many.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom