Need Help, Displaced by Fire

mtnsunrise

First time post, but been an onlooker for quite a few years. Guess I never joined because I wondered if I could provide meaningful feedback or help to others. My wife drew her first ever hunting tag (Wasatch LE Bull Elk-Rifle), I know, not fair. I have always hunted central Utah, but with 4 small children I knew proximity would be an issue, so I put us in for the Wasatch. The only place in the unit I have hunted is AF Canyon. Taken a few elk out of there, so I felt good about the area and my scouting efforts. Left the trailer early Monday afternoon with the intent of returning Thursday, but with the Wheeler Fire (Deer Creek) I am unable to access the trailer which contains some of our hunting gear and belongings. As of now, I'm unsure if we will be able to get our trailer in the next few days or where to shoot a bull elk. This was the only area I was familiar with in the unit. I know it is a big unit with lots of opportunity and elk. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, more important than this hunt is the safety of firefighters, people, and their homes. I understand that my request for help is a very low priority in comparison. I want for my wife to be successful, I can see that glimmer of excitement for the upcoming hunt and know that a good experience could be invaluable. Thanks for your time.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom