Need help decoding this message

eelgrass

Long Time Member
It seems they recently found a WWII carrier pigeon that died 70 years ago in Surrey, England. It had a message attatched to it's leg.

WWII-Era Pigeon Code Baffles British Spies

http://news.yahoo.com/wwii-era-pigeon-code-baffles-british-spies-155859801--abc-news-topstories.html

There has to be someone here smart enough to figure it out

8933sw_pigeon_dm_121123_wmain.jpg

Thanks for your help.

Eel

My guess is that one of the ole boys that frequent this site was the original author. Don't want to point any fingers though...

Whatever it says is VERY creative......27 words with 5 letters each......I doubt you could write ANYTHING in English with that many 5 letter words.

"I could agree with you, but then we would both be
wrong......and stupid"

Eel check out Travel Channel Mysteries at the Museum! The same codes were found in a machined hollow nickel that contained film. Used by Russian Spies. A paper boy received the Nickel as payment! On his way home he dropped some change and the nickel popped open. His parents gave it to a cop then to the FBI... 4 years later unable to crack the code. A Russian spy defected and helped the US set up a plot to bust the master mind Russian Spy. When they busted him they found the same codes, nickels, and paraphernalia used for espionage! The Spy had been sending the codes for 15 years and was busted in 1957.

If you get a reward for linking the two will ya split with me?

Rutnbuck

Near as I can tell it is some jibberish about something being a big misunderstanding and something else about we surrender.

Oh the bottom part says sincerely yours, Adolf. Weird.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Come to think of it kilo lost a carrier pigeon about six or seven decades ago. Wonder if the reward is still good.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

It's what was used by the founding grandfathers of MOSSBACK used to tell where the bucks and bulls were hiding. Took too long to go back and forth to get the hunters, so they just took pigeons with them to save time.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer? See Zeke for prime example....

rutnbuck, a hollowed out nickle? They didn't use quarters because it cost too much.

I figured out the code!

"Get over here mate. These French women are hot."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom