Need advice on which hunt

m_freeman

I am a NR in CA and am looking for an OTC meat tag wanting to get some deer and elk in the freezer. Is there any Over The Counter tags in OR (general rifle)that are actually viable for this purpose. Some States will sell an OTC tag with 2% success rate! I won't be shaken down by the points system either especially just for freezer meat. A starting place for me to begin the research would help, thanks. (Public Lands or very reasonable private fee)

We don't have enough animals to provide NR with "freezer meat". If you're starving, you'd be better off taking your gas money and the money for tags/license and go by a couple sides of beef.

>We don't have enough animals to
>provide NR with "freezer meat".
> If you're starving, you'd
>be better off taking your
>gas money and the money
>for tags/license and go by
>a couple sides of beef.
>

thanks, your reply makes me even more interested in OR now, Appreciate the hospitality.

>>We don't have enough animals to
>>provide NR with "freezer meat".
>> If you're starving, you'd
>>be better off taking your
>>gas money and the money
>>for tags/license and go by
>>a couple sides of beef.
>>
>
>
>thanks, your reply makes me even
>more interested in OR now,
> Appreciate the hospitality.

Seriously do the math. For what you'd spend in gas money, lodging and tag and license fees (deer, elk and license for a NR is $1016.50) you could fill a freezer with beef. I'd do it, but I'm more after the trophy's (and we have very few of those also). Maybe check Montana or Wyoming where you can get multiple antlerless deer and antelope tags?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-11 AT 01:14PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-11 AT 12:13?PM (MST)

Wanted,
It's not just about the money vs meat. Lookin to spend a week or two with my disabled son in the woods, hunting, evenings around the campfire fire etc. Hopefully, talk about the good times over an elk steak. It's not about the cost of groceries.

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-11
>AT 01:14?PM (MST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-11
>AT 12:13?PM (MST)

>
>Wanted,
>It's not just about the money
>vs meat. Lookin to spend
>a week or two with
>my disabled son in the
>woods, hunting, evenings around the
>campfire fire etc. Hopefully, talk
>about the good times over
>an elk steak. It's not
>about the cost of groceries.
>

Well you'd get more help if you just came out and said that instead of misleading that you just want to come up here to blast something. Seriously though, check into Wyoming you will get way more bang for your buck.

Back
Top Bottom