Need AC installed in Phx area!

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
Help!!!

My AC went belly up, and the repaiman said I need a new unit. Any member here do AC unit installs? If so, send me a PM and let's talk.

I'm in Glendale, AZ.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

LAST EDITED ON Jul-24-10 AT 02:59PM (MST)[p]Ransom's cousin "GilaMonster" does but I think he is in Tucson area and Ransom is fishing in Alaska.
Just remembered maybe "BuraNut" could help you out he is there close to Phoenix.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

LAST EDITED ON Jul-24-10 AT 03:42PM (MST)[p]Thanks, Brian. I already have it solved. A guy on another site gave me a good reference, and he'll be installing a new unit Mon.

I believe Allen is in the filter business, not actually ACs.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Well I was close anyway...good to hear that you found someone to fix the A/C or replace it for you....you need it down there for sure.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

LAST EDITED ON Jul-26-10 AT 08:34AM (MST)[p]The owner of the company came out yesterday morning to measure for the stand and sheetmetal elbow duct. They are here as we speak dismantling the old unit!

I gotta say I'm very impressed on how he responded to my dilemma. He's a straight shooter since everything he said was basically the same my other repairman who I used for 20 years had told me. The replacement price was also within a few dollars.

And before you ask:

Reason I used him instead of regular guy was time. The latter wouldn't been able to install a new unit until Thurs. or Fri.

Grizz,

After my last experience with a licensed plumber I have sworn off them. It's somewhat of a humorous story. Maybe someday I'll get to tell it to you over a beer.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Man when you guys from AZ want your air you want it NOW!
}>}>}>}>}>

I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

Holy smokes! Do they charge $1000.00 an hour for labor? I just watched a guy replace a unit. Its not that complicated or difficult at all.

A blonde in AZ called an A/C repairman and said she was having problems with her air conditioner.

She said, ?I need an emergency repair, we are about to freeze to death! I keep turning it down but it
won't go off!?

Terry

Lol Sticksboy!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-10 AT 03:55PM (MST)[p]>Holy smokes! Do they charge $1000.00
>an hour for labor? I
>just watched a guy replace
>a unit. Its not that
>complicated or difficult at all.

It all depends on what one buys. Not all ACs are created equal as far as size, etc. and this one is an all-in-one system heat pump -- no separate furnace. My house is large, so I have to use a 5-ton unit, and I went with a 14-SEER (lower energy rating)to recoup the $1500 federal tax credit on my 2010 taxes. So the NET cost will be $3,500 or so. The unit has a 10-yr. parts AND labor warranty! A web search shows that th eunit itself costs about $3,400 to $3,800.

http://www.alpinehomeair.com/viewproduct.cfm?productID=453061946&linkfrom=froogle

BUT..mine also included a new stand, sheet-metal elbow, electrical disconnect unit on the roof and a digital thermostat installation.

And then there's the cost of the crane to remove the old unit and lift the new one into place on the roof. Not including the crane guy, there were four guys doing the disconnect and install over a period of two hours.

My normal AC repair guy quoted me $5200, but he couldn't do it until the end of the week. So the prices were quite comparable.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

My huntin Rig is ####ED up & wore out!
Will Obama help me buy a new Rig?

Tony, what size unit did you have before? If it was smaller, make sure your wiring and breaker is sized properly for the new unit. I can't tell you how many times I have seen new A/C units installed with the old existing wiring and it isn't long before the breaker starts trippin'. Sounds like your guy knows his stuff but I'm just lookin' out for you.

Piper, how's your period?

Zigga, don't forget the knee pads!

Hdude, Lil' Jimmy wants his share!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-29-10 AT 06:52AM (MST)[p]Same size unit (5-ton), but the older one had lower SEER rating. The new one is a 14.2 SEER. They also redid the entire disconnect on the roof where the big fuses are located.

Bobcat,

You missed your chance. That program was in place last year!

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom