Need a youth bow

B

backcountrylove

Looking to buy a good youth bow. I want one with adjustable draw (15-25) and up to about 35 pounds. This bow is for my nephew he is 7 yrs old and loves shooting. Right now he has a wal-mart Bear archery warrior 3 and has out grown. Looking to upgrade any body with a bow we would be interested.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-15-11 AT 01:07PM (MST)[p]My daughter used to shoot, in 4H. See started at 7 or 8 and stayed w/it until 12 or 13. She shot a Darton Ranger II. This year I bought a Darton Ranger III (one is LH and the other RH). They are both excellent bows.

BTW, go to your local shop and buy what they sell. Then take it back once or twice a year and they will lengthen the lenght of pull (LOP) for you...for free. My shop only works on stuff that he sold, or to regulars. But, they will adjust my kids bows for free. Every year it has needed the LOP made longer.

She started pulling 20#, and was at ? when she stopped. I don't know, but it was 4 years later and I turned the screws on it every time that I could...especially when she was aiming at the top of the 40 yard target, in order to hit the center.

You can adjust the poundage, but he LOP is black magic...get something that your shop will adjust.
John 14:6

I am a huge fan of the Diamond Razor Ice.

Adjustable from 15-30 lbs and a huge draw adjust (with no press). My 7 year old boy has one and he loves it. He has been shooting it for 2 years now and it is growing right along with him.

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln