Necessity or luxury?

justr_86

Long Time Member
What is hunting to you? Do you consider it a necessity to go or a luxury to be able to go?

I feel its both. Its a necessity for my sanity. But its a luxury because it can be taken away. I don't care what I'm hunting as long as I'm out with family and friends enjoying the outdoors.

Sorry if this has been a topic before but I thought I would ask.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Hunting, more pointedly, hunting big bucks, has been a passion and necessity my whole adult life. Everything else has taken a back seat to me going most everyday during our local seasons and hitting at least one or two states every year on outa state trips.

That said, the game has just become too expensive, i'm getting older and it's harder to keep this big ol body to stay in shape, and the doctor has put clamps on what this ol boy should and should not do. Now, i'm looking at staying closer to home, trying to draw decent in-state tags, and to hell with those bucks that "might" be over that ridge and down in the bottom of the next canyon.

To the younger guys who look down their nose at some of us older guys who can't hunt like they once could. Good luck to you and stay after it but you too will one day grow older, if you're lucky like me, and you'll appreciate a easier hunt, maybe a ride in the truck glassing the sage brush draws or a comfortable seat on a great vantage point covering some good country within easy walking distance of the rig.

I'm still and always have been a do it yourself guy but more and more, i can understand the guys that pay the money for private ranch hunts and easier pickings. That, to me, would be a luxury!

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom