Necessities

kawboy

Very Active Member
There are a few items for sale that seem like they could help make a hunt better.

Other than the obvious, Gun, Good Optics etc. . . .What do you consider a must have before you leave for a hunt?

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

CASH, CREDIT CARDS, CIPRO, GOOD DRINKING WATER, TIRE REPAIR KIT/SPARE, MAPS, GOOD HUNTING PARTNERS, FOOT REPAIR KIT...(BLISTERS ECT.), ALEVE & IBUPROFIN, SCOUTING INFORMATION, MORE CASH, BEER,COKE, CROWN ROYAL, WINCH & CHAINS, CASH,COMFORTABLE BEDDING & BAG...... JUST OFF THE CUFF...................YD.

An LE Permit would probably help!:D

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Overton must have a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 - I had one once and I installed transmissions like fuses.

Knife, bone saw, deer bags. Not that I'll need them, but just in case a miricle happens.

Eel

WRONG!

He drives a FORD!:D

Hey Rans?

Maybe you're working the Tranny too hard with all them Bullets?:D

>I always carry a first aid
>kid.

Seems like a lot of work to carry something that heavy around in the hills all day for the off chance you may need him.

7830first_aid_kid.jpg

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

>>I always carry a first aid
>>kid.
>
>Seems like a lot of work
>to carry something that heavy
>around in the hills all
>day for the off chance
>you may need him.
>
>
>
7830first_aid_kid.jpg

>
>
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

You got me there :)

Lol, we all have a few pairs of long johns with the cuffs cut off

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Nobody mentioned a hydration bladder/water bottle and a way to get drinkable water while on the hunt (either filter or purification tablets).
WVBOWAK

LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-11 AT 09:55PM (MST)[p]I "always" use paper towel, NOT toilet paper, when out in them there hills. Much stronger, and no tearing or left behind paper dingleberries.(the blue mechanic kind is soft and strong) Always carry some Extra strength Gold Bond lotion, in a little pill bottle to smooth on the old butt crack. Laugh if you want, but I've mentioned it before and there is "nothing" that is more relieving and refreshing than swabbing the old crotch with that stuff! Also, a good camp mat and some Tylenol PM.

Im with Utah big bull on this one. Kinda of funny you spend all this money on ultra light weight backpacking stuff and then have one pound of wet wipes!! I coupldnt go with out them!!

Well, bucklover sold me with his Gold Bond commercial, but he failed to post a phone number so I could make an appointment for his treatment....do you work evenings?

".....but by God, I never said a word to a pig!"

So what do you think the break down time is for your "Mechanic grade" blue towel in the environment. I just hate hiking through the forest and come upon someones arse rags in the woods! May suggest using the wet wipes that are disposable, they will breakdown in a short time.

I really like good friends with strong backs!

A water filter straw is kinda cool too if you'll be in an area with a little surface water.

It's probably been said but some duct tape for all the little temporary repairs.

Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Aug-08-11 AT 10:35AM (MST)[p]Nope! This is a solo adventure "only". However, after you get over the "what the hell did I just do to myself!!, you will come back out of the woods with a smile on your face.

Kids(who else believes you are the greatest hunter on the planet, except the mossback groupies), good food, cold beer, lots of friends and family, firewood, good four door ride(yup for road hunting). The deer hunt used to be a family reunion in utah, and because we had 1/2 million or so deer, we could have all those hunters, kill big deer and still enjoy the time out. Now we have no deer, lots of "trophy hunters", no tags, but at least I can still enjoy the time out.

Hey Hoss,
I don't know how you do it but you always manage to get your "pet gripes" worked into you posts! Nice to see you still have an opinion to share. LOL

Mr. Kawboy,
At my age, if I don't have it on the list, it isn't going on the trip with me. So my best advice would be to make a master list and then add little things to it which are trip specific.

PS: I had a great outing with you and your Family. I think it's going to pay-off for my daughter. Thanks man!

Zeke

I always carry a small bottle stuffed with fiber fill(for quilts and pillows) and then top it off with rubbing alcohol.

No matter how wet or snowy, pull out a pinch of that soaked up fiber fill and it will burn for a couple minutes to gurantee you a fire in a bad situation no matter how wet it is.

Knife sharpener and some small rope can always come in handy for emergency and non-emergency situations alike.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

LAST EDITED ON Aug-09-11 AT 08:58PM (MST)[p]I alway's like to take a plastic sealable bottle full of petroleum jelly and cotton ball's for starting a fire.
Works great, they will even burn in the rain, just dont tell al gore, he probably wouldnt appreciate me burning plastic which sometimes happens. lol
Caurse doesnt really work if you dont bring your zippo.

Headlamp... I don't leave home without it..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom