ND Mule Deer

NoMrcyND

I am new to the forum-thought I would share a couple of the mule deer I have been fortunate to shoot on our farm in SW ND

First buck I saw bed down from a tree stand while bowhunting whitetails. I had a perfect wind so I climbed down and stalked him. Got lucky and got to 22 yards without him even knowing it-made a good shot and he went straight to the bottom of the ravine. This was in 2008.

Second buck was a rifle kill on the last day of the 2015 season. Never laid eyes on him before he presented the shot.

Although these bucks were shot 7 years apart, they actually died within 50 yards of each other in the same ravine. I made the pedestal out of barnwood from the farm and all the dirt and foliage came from the ravine they died in.

IMGP4448a1.JPG

IMG_8587a.jpg

IMG-6554.JPG

Gorgeous, great looking country too. Always special to kill deer on your own property.
To survive those winters up there, you must be made of steel(y).

I am new to the forum-thought I would share a couple of the mule deer I have been fortunate to shoot on our farm in SW ND

First buck I saw bed down from a tree stand while bowhunting whitetails. I had a perfect wind so I climbed down and stalked him. Got lucky and got to 22 yards without him even knowing it-made a good shot and he went straight to the bottom of the ravine. This was in 2008.

Second buck was a rifle kill on the last day of the 2015 season. Never laid eyes on him before he presented the shot.

Although these bucks were shot 7 years apart, they actually died within 50 yards of each other in the same ravine. I made the pedestal out of barnwood from the farm and all the dirt and foliage came from the ravine they died in.

View attachment 159709

View attachment 159710

View attachment 159711
Fantastic bucks! Goes to show you sometimes certain places/ terrain just attracts and holds big bucks. Sounds like you have a bit of a honey hole in that ravine

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom