ND Bighorn Pic

N

NDhunter

4391e4035d056553.jpg

Here is a picture of a couple of Bighorns in ND, this is my first time trying to post a pic. Also first time attempting to resize one (new to the digital camera world). Hopefully it works. NDHunter.

No kidding! It would be about as easy as taking candy from a baby too. These sheep just sat 200 yards off the road and didn't pay any attention to us until we started getting within 100 yards. A buddy of mine drew a ND sheep tag when we were in high school, since then I haven't known any of the lucky ones to draw. The auction tag holder shot a monster ND ram this year and it is the pending state record...scored 179 and change, shot it the last weekend of the season right after the first snow storm of the year (a couple of feet of snow!). If anyone ever draws this tag let me know, I can help you out. NDHunter

OK, I'll get in touch with you next summer after I get the tag. :)
Seriously, I don't know anyone that ever drew a bighorn tag either. I know some of the moose and elk winners, but again, I am still waiting for ONE of those tags. And if I had my choice, Bighorn with absoltely NO hesitation.
If I can ask, where was the picture taken?

Lien2

4394c60719292f92.jpg

Lien2, Here is a better picture, the first one was an attempt by be to resize on photoshop and didn't work out too well, this one is a little clearer. Picture was taken West of US 85, North of 94 and imbetween the N and S Units of Tedd Roosevelt. When you draw that tag I will give you the GPS coordinates to this ram. Odds are only 1:2000 now that the Game and Fish increased the tag allottment to 4, any year now we should draw, right. NDHunter.

Hey Lien, maybe we'll get to hunt together next year when I draw my tag too! Wouldn't that be something. All dreams aside, those are some great pictures NDhunter. I used to work for the Forest Service out in the badlands, and I did get to see some sheep a couple of times, and two out of the three times I saw them, they were in no hurry to go anywhere. We did catch them drinking down at the river once and they scattered. I hadn't heard how the season went this year, but that's kinda cool that we might have a new record. NDhunter were these sheep north or south of the interstate.

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

Those were sheep North of I-94. Wouldn't it be nice to draw one of those tags...total price $23+the cost of a general game stamp (I think around 5 bucks). A guy can dream I guess.

You bet! I imagine that's about the least anyone would pay for a resident sheep tag anywhere. We don't have the biggest rams but, a sheep is a sheep.

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom