NBA LOCKOUT/ PLAYERS ARE OVERPAID!!!

rugarm77

With the lock out it makes me more sour towards profesional athletes.

I think NBA players are way to high on themselves!!!

I guess we as fans should accept the higher prices?

Another reason college is funner to watch!!

I say to he ll with the NBA!!!!!

I agree 100% The h#ll with the NBA, Not missing a thing.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Couldn't agree more. I played (actually sat WAAYY down on the end of the bench) in college. I'm one of the "hard-core" fans who are supposed to NEED my fix.

The last strike lost me for several years. I'd just started enjoying the NBA again last year......now this!!

WHAT A BUNCH OF BUMS!!!

Within the shadows, go quietly.

This is why about the only sports I watch is college football. Maybe hockey if I can find it on. Last pro basketball player I watched was Jordan back in the day.
WVBOWAK

The sad thing is that we, the fans, are the ones that have paved the road to their high salaries. We pay the owners prices to get into the games....we pay our cable bills so that we can watch NBA games on TV. We buy their jerseys and their over-priced shoes. Now that the owners want to take a little back, the players won't have it. Do the owners deserve some back? I don't know and I don't really care. Its a business....and it really sux that "we've" made them so damned greedy! I miss the game as much as anyone else but it makes me want to boycott this year if they do have a shortened season. I feel bad for the rookie players just coming in....they're the ones really getting screwed here.

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-11 AT 02:28AM (MST)[p]You guys are seriously blaming the players for the lockout!!?? WTF!! Do you think the players "offered" themselves max contracts for all these years?? Blame the owners for this mess, they created it!!

Rashard Lewis said it best..."You sign me to a deal, you think I'm going to say, 'No, I deserve $50 million instead of $80 million?' I'm like, 'Hell, yeah.' I'm not going to turn it down. You can't blame the players. If anything, we don't negotiate the deal. We've got agents that negotiate the deals with the team. Y'all need to go talk to the teams and the agents.
"

~Z~

This is all on the owners and I hope they cancel the season.. I quit watching the NBA when Jrdan retired. After Bird, Magic, and Jordan the NBA is nothing more then ghetto ball. I will never watch it again. Collage ball isn't to far behind either...In terms of how they play the game.

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

I miss Wilt, West and Kareem.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

>I miss Wilt, West and Kareem.

Jerry West is a name I haven't heard mentioned in ages. My Dad loved watching "The Clutch" play, long before the three point rule was put into effect. Dad said it was amazing to watch him stop at half court and sink a shot at the buzzer.
WVBOWAK

Whats the NBA ???? Honestly I could not possibly care any less.
NFL/NHL seasons going strong. College football is always awesome and MLB will be back next spring.

Well, if you take NBA out of the title and look at what is going on, you may change your thinking a little. We are all worth a salary to our company, that salary is based on our personal ability, industry standards and is a percentage of the income of that company. How many of you, knowing your were an extremely valuable asset to your company, would be amenable to a pay cut when you knew your CEO was banking over 50% of the total company revenue?

The NBA as a whole,(based on their own accounting), have claimed a $300 million loss. Part of that loss is salary, but that also factors in advertising, buildings, general overhead etc.... The players have already, through pay cuts, agreed to a $200 million reduction thinking that the owners should be able to cut other things other than salary to cover the rest of the deficit. The Owners want the players to cut more. I think the players have moved substantially and have a right to stand firm.

As far as the profit sharing and hard caps, well that is an entirely different conversation...

In what other business would the employees have the audacity to tell the owner, BTW I want 52% of the income ???

NBA players are certifiable douche bags.

>In what other business would the
>employees have the audacity to
>tell the owner, BTW I
>want 52% of the income
>???
>
>NBA players are certifiable douche bags.
>

In what other service industry do you think 50% of the income doesn't go to pay salary?

I am hoping the owners are able to keep this lockout going, I only want to see basketball again if small market teams can compete.

Do away with the guaranteed contracts would be my first priority. That way a team could cut a joker that wasn't pulling his weight and get other talent without keeping that contract on the books.

I would also like to see the BRI go to 52/48 for the owners as well as reduce the salary cap. We also need to be able to franchise a player at least once.

Do away with the guaranteed contracts would be my first priority. That way a team could cut a joker that wasn't pulling his weight and get other talent without keeping that contract on the books.

+1 What a concept!!!

Bonuspoint,

In almost NO BUSINESS. I've been a banker for 30+ years and have seen the tax returns & financial statements from all kinds of businesses (farms to shoe stores, to electrical contractors to anything on main street). That just isn't approached....except by Drs., dentists, CPAs or lawyers (not guaranteed there).

The NBA discussion ISN'T about 50% of the profit (which would be absurdly low). It's about 50% of the gross.

Whether anyone likes the NBA or not, a business model must allow the company to be profitable. Most NBA teams are not.

I've been a Laker's fan since West and Baylor; so my team has "done well". BUT for things to work long-term, the small-market teams (Denver, Minnesota, Utah & many others) must be able to compete financially with the large markets.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

>Bonuspoint,
>
>In almost NO BUSINESS. I've
>been a banker for 30+
>years and have seen the
>tax returns & financial statements
>from all kinds of businesses
>(farms to shoe stores, to
>electrical contractors to anything on
>main street). That just
>isn't approached....except by Drs., dentists,
>CPAs or lawyers (not guaranteed
>there).
>
>The NBA discussion ISN'T about 50%
>of the profit (which would
>be absurdly low). It's
>about 50% of the gross.
>
>
>Whether anyone likes the NBA or
>not, a business model must
>allow the company to be
>profitable. Most NBA teams
>are not.
>
>I've been a Laker's fan since
>West and Baylor; so my
>team has "done well".
>BUT for things to work
>long-term, the small-market teams (Denver,
>Minnesota, Utah & many others)
>must be able to compete
>financially with the large markets.
>
>
>
>Within the shadows, go quietly. .

GB,
This is bonuspoint. I specified "service" industry. your "except fors" are a closer representation of what I am talking about. Farms and shoes stores are production based. I would venture that most industries where the employee is the product, over 50% of the "income" would go to paying salaries. We could go on and on about "equaling the playing field". I won't go there other than to say, keep in mind who, other than the fans, funds a large portion of the NBA... networks and advertising agencies. They don't give a rats about the small market teams. Are you sure the NBA wants the small markets to be able to compete and that it's better for the league? And I am a diehard Jazz fan. My son is named Stockton... :)

LAST EDITED ON Nov-09-11 AT 01:34AM (MST)[p]Commissioner David Stern says union attorney Jeffrey Kessler is largely to blame for the NBA's stalled labor talks after Kessler told The Washington Post that the owners are treating the players "like plantation workers."

Really Kessler??? I wish I had an excuse when things did not go my way!!! What a load of shiiiit!!!

I think its really funny and I hope they cancel the season. I say let the players go play in Europe and China....

The Owners were stupid to ever give them high salaries so they are to blame. However, I still agree with them. The players don't deserve near what they are asking for. If they don't like it, they don't have to play.

Owners are the ones taking the financial risk; not the players....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom