National Park's Behind in Maintenance

2lumpy

Long Time Member
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=34033179&ni...on-americans-to-find-your-park&s_cid=queue-18

There are so many tentacles associate with this situation, the principals of "Never let a serious crisis go to waste." will be harnessed by all sides on this mess.

Let's designate more multiple use land to Parks, Monuments, Wilderness, Wilderness Study Areas and Buffer Zones, clearly we're doing an excellent job funding and administering the existing acreages.

DC

We may have to sell off some Parks to finance the others.:)

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

I live not far from rocky mtn national park. I've often said they could get 100k apiece for 5 or 6 bull tags/year, then bring in some kids and some disabled folks to shoot the necessary number of cows to stay at a manageable # of elk. This would generate additional revenue and turn on some young folks to the national parks system. Instead they hire sharp shooters to cull elk leaving some lay if they fall in an inaccessible area, and calling folks on a list to come get those that are accessible. Not utilizing our natural renewable resources wisely again IMHO.

Those excess elk are ear marked as future wolf food DW. I agree with you though.

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

A good majority of NP employees that I have met are very anti hunting and anti gun idiots. The higher you go in the chain of command it gets worse. Most are very pro wolf lovers.

RELH

>A good majority of NP employees
>that I have met are
>very anti hunting and anti
>gun idiots. The higher you
>go in the chain of
>command it gets worse. Most
>are very pro wolf lovers.
> RELH
>
>

Amen!

So, the majority of the visitors are "older and whiter"?
There are way too many things to say about this topic and some are inappropriate for the web!
Zeke

I Worked at Lake Hotel in Yellowstone for a winter re-doing all the electrical couple years ago. The money the waste is crazy. The crap park rangers pull is so dumb. As stated above they hire wolf lovers and people that don't understand management. I hated being there everyday.

So nfh?

They didn't Convert you?:D

EASY Boys!

You'll have Slick STIRRED Up if you keep it up!

>I Worked at Lake Hotel in
>Yellowstone for a winter re-doing
>all the electrical couple years
>ago. The money the waste
>is crazy. The crap park
>rangers pull is so dumb.
> As stated above they
>hire wolf lovers and people
>that don't understand management. I
>hated being there everyday.

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough