National Park Week- free entrance April 17-25

R

redrabbit

http://www.nps.gov/wrbr/parknews/entrance-fees-waived-during-national-park-week.htm

Entrance Fees Waived During National Park Week
National Park Week, a program of the National Park Service (NPS), is an opportunity for families and communities to get outside and explore America?s Great Outdoors. This annual celebration takes place this year from April 17-25. The NPS is waiving entrance fees so visitors can enjoy all 392 national park sites for free during this week.

You are welcome to visit my Photo Gallery here http://dougkoepsel.smugmug.com/
WetlandsWinterSignature.jpg

Great... I only have to drive 9 hours to get to the closest National Park to me. It may take me a months wages in gas to get there, but at least I can get in the park for free.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Roy, I can feel the pain through my monitor. We gotta get you out of there some way, some how.

Eel

Free entry huh? We have a nice National Park right outa town here but i don't think they have started removing the snow from the road to the main gate yet. Typically, there can be 30'+ on the road in!

6625lassen_park_snow.jpg

7058lassen_park_snow_removing.jpg

Nobody can say that we don't get much snow here in Cali! :)

Joey

:) Yeah, it's there Eel. There's a local bunch of guys who grew up here in Chester, used to hike up then ski down from the peak of Mt Lassen to the bottom. They did this every 4th of July!!

National parks are great and all but i much prefer to camp, hunt, and fish on our National Forest Lands. This ability is becoming more and more uncertain as the months go by!! BTW, no tickets necessary! :)

Joey

Guys;

I know you're just having fun, but someone needs to tell RR thanks for the info.

SOOOOOOOOOO- THANKS RR

Steve Cheuvront

Right on the money Steve!!!

Sorry i hi-jacked your thread Mr Rabbit! Good info there for many to take advantage of!!

I guess it's kinda like, smokem if you gottem! :)

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom