National audobon society evolution

txhunter58

Long Time Member
Funny how things evolve. From this:

Hunting, fishing, drawing, and music occupied my every moment. Cares I knew not, and cared naught about them.

John James Audubon

to their current statement:

"?has never been opposed to the hunting of game species if that hunting is done ethically and in accordance with laws and regulations design to prevent depletion of the wildlife resource?we will advocate restrictions on hunting, include the complete closure of a hunting season, whenever we are convinced that the welfare of the species involved requires it?we do not advocate hunting. This is no contradiction, though some people seem to think it is. Our objective is wildlife and environmental conservation, not the promotion of hunting. We think lots of the justifications for hunting are weak ones, and too often exaggerated for commercial reasons, and we do not hesitate to say so when the ocassion calls for it. But this does not make us anti-hunting?"

Maybe not, but sure sounds like you lean that way now.........

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

They advocate restrictions and complete closure when "they" feel the welfare of the species requires it, we do not advocate hunting, and they do not promote it, but this does not make us anti- hunting??? Sure sounds like they are trying to straddle the fence on this one. And I would consider them our enemy with statements like those.

It sounds like they want money from everybody.

Eel

Guns are like parachutes. If you need one and don't have one you probably will never need one again.

John Audubon has killed more species of non game birds than anyone in history. All of the drawings in his ID books were done with bird in hand.

>John Audubon has killed more species
>of non game birds than
>anyone in history. All of
>the drawings in his ID
>books were done with bird
>in hand.

What he said^^^

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom