Naming your guns

cjboz

Very Active Member
I have a few of my favorite guns named. Does anyone else have sentimental names for theirs. I seem to think they shoot better when you refer to them on a personal level:) My first real hunting rifle was an inherited Pre-64 model 70 .06 referred to as "Meat in the pot". My 300 Weatherby is "Black Magic" and my Varmint guns are "Death Dealer" and "Gods Hand". Yes that is a little sick but when you spend enough money and time on them they become part of the fam. I bet Stinkeys Lapua had a different name every time he shot it at that bull on the Dutton :)

I have several guns but only 2 with names. 7mm-08 who's name is the "Eliminator" and and a shotgun named "Splatter".

LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-10 AT 08:02PM (MST)[p]Being of rather indigent circumstances and modest means, at the present I own only 3 guns: A Golden Eagle .30-06; a Browning BPS .12 Guage; and a Smith and Wesson M&P 9MM which I affectionately refer to as "Rifle"; "Shotgun" and "Pistol" respectively. I also have a very sharp Western Steel 5 inch bladed lock back that I call "Knife". Every once in a while I load them up in my 1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass that I call "Car" and take them to the municipal shooting gallery I call "Range". Sometimes I take my 12 year old son whom I call "Boy" and my 8 year old daughter whom I call "Girl" too and they shoot too. Soon I hope to have a black lab pup which I will call "Dog".

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I have an old Remington 870 named Matilda. How about names for your trucks? I had a truck I called Black Bart.

My Winchester model 70 in 270 win, is name doctor death. He tends to send them to the promise land. My friends have changed his name to doctor meath because it has taken a few shells this year to get it done.
Jay

I HAVE A 300 wby Mag that I have called "Old Maggie" for quite some time.....But after a new stock, glass bedding, muzzle break, blueing, trigger work, and a new Swaro scope on top, she now goes by "Margaret".
------------------------------------------------------
"Yeah, I'll shoot him"

I don't have any rifles but I have a bow I call Wicked Sticker and a Sig 9mm I call slide. My hunting partner calls his bow Black Death. Funny stuff guy?s keep them coming.

GBA

LAST EDITED ON Feb-02-10 AT 07:31AM (MST)[p]My Dad got a Remington model 721 3006 when he was 17. He gave it to me when I was 17. It ended up with the name "ol-meat-in-the-pot" I just passed it on to my 17 year old son last hunting season. It has harvested a lot of deer!

100_3027-1.jpg

NV bighorn, better be careful. You've taken that thing from a single shot weapon to a repeater when in reality it's classifed as an automatic weapon. Soon they'll be knocking on your door wanting to see your permit for that thing or they'll take it away! I'm sure if you tell them how old it is they'll just classify it as an antique and let it go.

Only named one gun before - "Chester the Molester"

It's a post-64 M70. Originally a .300 Winny. Rebarrled to .375-338 wildcat a while back. Had it since I was 17, so something like 30 years now. Blueing is rubbed off in quite a few places. It's usually equipped with iron. My personal protection device when huntin' deer in brownie country.

2401LG-Ragfish-1R.jpg

No, I didn't shoot the fish with it! We were spring hunting for blue grouse and I had a bear tag with. Looking for bears feeding on the emerging stuff on the edges of the tide flats.

Had a few conservations at close range with various Brunos who were somewhat confrontational. I would calmly explain that they would feel the wrath of Chester if they didn't leave me the fook alone . . . None of them were interested in playing with Chester.

Ive got a 220swift thats killed countless coyotes that i call "Painless" and an 7stw that i call "Master Blaster"

No names for guns here. My driver has a name, and the guys that I go up to Alaska with. . . we all named our fish beating clubs.

My Srixon driver is affectionately called "The Skank", because she has a tendency to be a hooker at times.

The fish clubs are:

Charlie Goodnight - "say good night fishy".
Bear Toy - a bear came out of the woods while our gear was on the sand bank and proceeded bite, lick, and hump the club.
Old Painless - "one fall, thats all".

I dont remember all the other ones.

My old Winchester model 70 has earned and continues to live up to it's name. It's known by many as "Killer" as very few critters have ever escaped it's wrath. While it's not as fancy or pretty as some it continues to deal quick, humane death blows in spite of it's age.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom