Name that mountain

nfh

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Apr-12-13 AT 09:13PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-12-13 AT 09:12?PM (MST)

Any Guesses on this mountain. I will post a obvious view when the correct answer is out.

A BACK VEIW

I have only been to One Hunt from the south following the trail behind Dike Mountain. It is Trout Peak, I hiked to it last year from the East. How about this one?

ok, is this cabin here at the base of the trail?

In 2011 I was searching for mountain goats. Stopped to check out Lee City here.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-13-13 AT 09:27AM (MST)[p]Copper Lake is my guess. I started up the trail and started hitting the switch backs. The trail hasn't been maintained. A tree fell across the trail and I thought I could duck it but I didn't duck enough and off the horse I went with my foot stuck in the stirrup. Thank goodness for a good horse that just stood there. So we turned around and took off to another trail. Spent the day glassing a band of Rams at this mountain.

Stopped at the intersection of the one hunt trail and Blackbird Creek.

While glassing the band of rams on that mountain it was also breakfast time

My favorite breakfast in the hills

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a375/nfh/sakfsakl_zpsd590e351.jpg

Stinkingwater Peak behind Copper Lake. I hike up there at least once every summer. The trail is straight up. Breakfast looked good. Here is another on for you.

One Hunt from the west almost in Yellowstone heading to the Upper Miller pack station. A long hike for an old fat man. I have lived in Clark for 13 years. Some from Cody might not consider that local.

ok I see it now, to the right of the picture would be blackbird drainage. That is a long ride/hike even for a youngster.

If you have hunted sheep in Unit 1 you have been there. I always say when I am in this spot I am not going down there into that drainage.

A most awesome thread guys!! Please continue!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

sorry mightyhunter no name. I do have some pictures but they are printed out. most my posting here is with a phone.

Not much of a mountain to name. A Trail I love to take that never gets old. You can see some elk. Behind the hill there is another 250+ head.

That's a tough one. but I am going to throw out a guess of Pat-o-hara based on the white rocks

I like that holster in the last picture. What are you carrying for grizz protection? Please keep the photos coming as this is a very refreshing thread!!!

>Hurricane Mesa

I never been up there. I did a lot of glassing in that draw in 2011 when I had my mountain goat tag.

Topgun,
The pistol is an old Ruger Redhawk .41 magnum with 250 gn handloads. Bear bullets from Riverton, Wy. I actually killed a black bear with this pistol in North Idaho many years ago. The holster was made here in Clark by Von Ringler. It is known as a Combination Holster. You can wear it over your shoulder or around your waist. He has a website under Ringler Leather. He has lots of cool stuff. He and my neighbor, Shirley, are real craftsman and do all the leather work themselves.
mh

nfh,
I am trying to figure out your picture with the crags, cliffs and avalanche chute. There are places like that in the Upper Sunlight Creek and also around Crandall and the Cathedral Cliffs. It looks like some areas North of the North Fork of the Shoshone including Grinnell Ck. How about a hint?
mh

>nfh,
>Have you ever seen any Griz
>up Grinnell Creek. I have.
>
>mh

Everytime I go in I see grizz. I have had to draw on a big ol sow. She kept following me.

I am pretty sure you are on the dead indian trail right above the ranger house . I was going to post a very similiar picture

The creek on the left is throwing me off. my first guess is the big bridge up in the sunlight basin highway

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom