Name Dropping

C

CHWine

9597nick_me.jpg

I still have two guys in tree stands this morning, but my other hunter had to leave. Nick Mundt of Bone Collector was a great guest and bad ass hunter while he was here. He was also a great house guest and very nice to my wife. I wish he could have spent a couple of more days hunting (he only had 3 whole hunting days).

Nick was very impressed with how difficult getting a blacktail deer is with a bow. He and his camera man Kyle spent between 11 and 13 hours in the tree hunting our deer. The most deer they saw in a day was 12. He talked about how spooky the does were coming to water and how he could tell these deer have a very tough life trying not to get killed by mountain lions.

Nick told me his hunting schedule until the end of the year and it would make any hunter green with envy. More or less he'll be on about 12 different hunts from Kansas, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Alberta and his home state of South Dakota.

There's a very good chance we'll see him next July as he really wants to get one of our little deer. Safe travels Nick!
Venison and Zinfandel are GOOD!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-19-12 AT 06:09PM (MST)[p]...never heard of him....and a pic of your wife might explain why he was so nice......

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jul-21-12 AT 06:19AM (MST)[p]Sorry he didn't "collect any bone" on this trip.

Next time put some bait out, like Ted Nugent did...:)

Eel

Would this be name/photo dropping?.....he seems to be a hard core hunter,glad to hear he's a nice guy.Some of those boys from back east don't know whats its like without food plots.Sounds like you guy's had fun.
Mike

C'mon eel......the Nuge was hunting in an apple orchard! How can you bait with apples....in an apple orchard? LOL

11-12 hours in a stand a day in July in Ca? Thats plain crazy...and boring. You guys have more patience than me. Too bad he didn't fill his tag. Sounds like he put his time in.

Steve
Holder of a 2012 LE Utah Deer Tag!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom